Transfer Fall 2020 Questions

My DD is currently at Blinn taking 15 hours this semester and registered for 15 hours next semester. She also has 23 credits of Dual Credit from High School. At the end of Spring 2020 she will have all of her Pre-requisites done for her major (History in the College of Liberal Arts) and no problem with the 2.75 minimum GPA.

Her plan is to apply January 1 in hopes that they will accept her pending her Spring Grades (she has been told that this is done often) My question is have your children done this before and been accepted this way?

Oh Absolutely. Having 38 credits complete by the end of fall semester will look good. What required courses will she be completing in the spring? They may defer for those, like you said, but yes this does happen and mostly ends in a favorable decision! Especially for Liberal Arts. Make sure her essay is strong and mentions History and what she’ll do with it, but also needs to reference her second choice (give a nod to) just in case History denies her. 2nd choice major won’t want to feel slighted. If that makes sense.

She already has all of her Required Courses done by the end of Fall (thank goodness for Dual Credit English and US History). In Spring she is taking her Recommended Course for Western Civilization from 1660 on (she already has all of her Foreign Language credits). She followed the 2 year plan and will have all her Math done along with Government after Spring.

You are right though she has Never thought about anything other than History. She needs to pick a 2nd Major (she is thinking Communication) and write an amazing essay!

I had seen somewhere they that wanted 24 graded credits from after High School which is why I asked the question. Thanks for your help and all that you do!!

Oh that’s fantastic. The fact she’ll have all required done is great. Recommended in progress will also look great. They truly want a solid semester after high school (and 24 minimum credits) before applying. Many apply in the spring for the Fall with the same status as your daughter. some even apply to summer admissions to get a jump on things. Good luck and please keep us posted. Oh and when she selects 2nd choice major, make sure y’all look on transfer admissions sheet to be sure it allows 2nd choice transfers. Some are very strict on being first major choice only. If that doesn’t make sense, PM me.