Transfer Nursing UM College Park to UMSON Baltimore/ Shady Grove?????

<p>ANY INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
I am a Nursing major, rising HS senior, and will apply to UMD College Park. I want to reach people who can tell me about transferring from UMD after applying to to University of Maryland School of Nursing at Baltimore or Shady Grove. Which campus is more popular? Is it common for students to apply/transfer to the SON? Is it easy to do (or is the process living hell)? Did you find that all credits, etc. transferred as expected?
Anything unexpected, or that you wish you had known?
It sounds as if once you transfer, you are very autonomous/ independent (no class trips or student activities, etc connected to the SON...time to turn to a more private adult life outside of campus). In other words, College Park and UMSON seem VERY different. Was this jarring as a 20 year old? Did you adjust? Do you wish you didn't have to adjust?
I am also interested in staying bilingual during my college career and as a nursing student (I am not a native Spanish speaker). This is a long shot but any tips there?
THANK YOU</p>

<p>First of all, I’m not a student. I have one D who is a nursing student (out of state) and she looked at Towson. There, they choose strictly by GPA what students will make it into the final two years of the nursing curriculum. I’m sure that UMDSON is the same. They have a very large class (200+) but must get a huge number of applicants too, especially of Maryland residents. And, you have to transfer there, they have no freshmen or sophomores. </p>

<p>If you look on their website they are quite specific about what classes you need and how many credits, etc. If you’re transferring from another Maryland institution, it will probably be seamless but I don’t know this from experience.</p>

<p>As far as Baltimore vs. Shady Grove goes, well, I didn’t even know about the Shady Grove campus! It will be very suburban in feel but Shady Grove is the last Metro Stop on the western edge of the Red Line so it wouldn’t be too hard to get into DC. Baltimore is very different. My other D is a student at MICA, just “up the road” from the UMD med school so I drive by there all the time. You can walk to much of downtown and to Lexington Market, the Ravens’ stadium and Camden Yards. Fells point is further but Baltimore has good public transportation. It’s a bit sketchy, but that’s Baltimore too. There are only upper level and graduate students there so it will be a VERY different feel from College Park. </p>

<p>The school is part of “Baltimore college town” so you could take classes at any of the other schools (within scheduling limits) and ride the free college town shuttle around too. University of Baltimore is the closest school that would offer Spanish and you could easily walk to it.</p>

Hey there!! Just saw ur question like 3 years later lol… I have the same problem like u but I want to transfer from Towson to UMSON and I was wondering if u actually transfer, if u got accepted, and what was ur experience? Thanks so much!!