Transfer students accepted

<p>It’s 300, plus another 7 dollars if you pay with a credit card</p>

<p>Cristina: good question! haha, I have no idea what I’m going to do about loans/financial aid. I’m STILL waiting for my financial aid package and I didn’t receive any scholarship money. As of right now, I’m waiting to hear back from UF to make a final decision between one of the two schools.</p>

<p>What are you planning on doing?</p>

<p>allied: you’re right. it’s $300 plus a few extra if you pay with credit card. The full tuition needs to be figured out after the enrollment fee is taken care of. They should be offering you either financial aid or loans at this point.</p>

<p>hey Halidir, thanks man,its good to know there are more people in the same boat, let me know how the call goes, i´ll call the today too. good luck</p>

<p>I called them but they are like you will know the result within 2 weeks!!! :(</p>

<p>Allied I think I read that on your acceptance letter there was an envelope, so perhaps you can send the money through it. A money order or something like that. </p>

<p>Sabrina I’m waiting on my FA package too. I’ll ask for a loan, but I read somewhere I don’t remember that there are programs from the governmet that if after graduation you do some kind of services for them you won’t have to pay the money back. It was something like you go and teach at a school for like two years or something like that.
Are you from miami sabrina?</p>

<p>Your acceptance package should have an envelope or at least a mailing address to send your deposit.</p>

<p>Cristina, I’m from Miami. I actually live like 3 minutes away from the campus so it’s really convenient! Supposedly FA packets are going out in the mail this Friday (I called today). I’m just to frustrated with another school and how they haven’t accepted or denied me. It’s the only thing holding me back from accepting UM’s offer. </p>

<p>Where are you from? And are you finally seriously considering UM?</p>

<p>Since I’m the 1% of the college population that doesn’t have Facebook and can’t join the UM network, I’ll resort to getting to know some of the transfers through this site.</p>

<p>What’s everyones major? Why have you decided on UM? Where is everyone from and where are they planning to live? And finally, has anyone heard about the super long orientation schedule in August?</p>

<p>I’m from Colombia but I moved here when I was 13.
Yes I’m going to UM no matter what…lol!</p>

<p>Really? why is that? first person I know that doesn’t have a facebook lol!
Well my major is motion pictures from the communication school.
Well I think the orietation is for like 3 days…? I’m not sure about that but it’ll be a week before classes start. </p>

<p>What about you, what’s your major?</p>

<p>I’m somwhere between psychology and psychbio or neuroscience. I applied for pre-med but according to one of the counselors it’s easy to get a double major or minor in another science.</p>

<p>Facebook just isn’t my thing really. I deactivated my account a while ago. Where did you go for your AA?</p>

<p>I’m looking forward to the orientation too! There’s even a picnic at Shalala’s estate!
Did you say you were awarded a scholarship?</p>

<p>yeah i paid it a few weeks ago hahaha sorry to confuse you guys, and they still haven’t given me my financial aid package! hella annoying.</p>

<p>I went to miami dade.
Yeah so cool, is the picnic at orientation?</p>

<p>No, I didn’t get any scholarships</p>

<p>Oh god, I called them and the person said my file was pending by mistake… I think it’s over for me. Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>wow, mine is pending too. i dont know if “by mistake”, i hope not. i´ll call them tomorrow.</p>

<p>Halidir, are they going to review ur app?? what did they say about “the mistake”?</p>

<p>Halidir what do you mean by pending by mistake?</p>

<p>Ok here is what happened:</p>

<p>1st time I called them. Lady A said I will know my result in 2 weeks. I said ok but I know this lady would never give out any information. So I called 2nd time.</p>

<p>2nd: Lady B said my file was indeed completed long ago. Everything was sent in. HOWEVER, the status was still PENDING instead of COMPLETE because someone forgot to change it. So obviously, my file was not reviewed. She changed it to COMPLETE and told me I would receive the decision soon. But at this point, I think all the spot are filled so…</p>

<p>My best advice, if you are to talk to an Indian Lady, call again. Thanks to her, my completed file was delayed at least 3 weeks.</p>

<p>i just called and a lady told me that the admissions office hasnt finished reviewing transfer students. she also said that this week all decisions should be out.</p>

<p>good luck</p>

<p>Yeah good luck to you too bombazo. If we both make it, I’ll treat you dinner lol</p>

<p>Damn guys, I hope you get in!!!</p>

<p>Lol at halidir’s comment…</p>

<p>jajaj, halidir i´ll let u know as soon i recieve my decision, keep me posted too.</p>

<p>cheers¡</p>

<p>Thank you for your interest in the University of Miami. We have
received your documents and do not have any additional requirements for
you as of now. We are currently reviewing your application and calculus
syllabus and we will notify you if any additional material is needed or
as soon as decision is made on your file.</p>

<p>I received this email today. Finally!!!</p>