Transfer students accepted

<p>NEU as well, george washington u, UT texas at ausitn and UM.</p>

<p>My major is motion pictures. I want to be a film producer hehe!!</p>

<p>Hey I’m about to send in my enrollment deposit tonight! I’m a economics major, hoping to change it to international marketing and finance and I’m so excited!!!</p>

<p>I have a question for all transfers, are you guys going to be living on or off campus???
I’m still torn</p>

<p>if accepted, i will definetly live on campus the first year.</p>

<p>Sarsxo: I’m not living on campus. It would be ridiculous considering that I can ride my bike to campus from where I live. I would love to because I would get to meet more people but it’s way more money!</p>

<p>Ah no, half and half! lol! I think I’m deciding to live on campus now, I’m from MD and although I’d save about a hundred each month living with a friend, I don’t think it’d be worth it for me still paying a decent amount to get in apartment in a state where I know no one.</p>

<p>I’m not living on campus. I live 15-20 from campus so it’ll be dumb to add 10k to my tuition since I live close. I do agree with Sabrina that you’ll make a lot of friends living on campus but Just plan on making friends in classes, plus I already have some friends that go to the U.</p>

<p>So what is everyone doing about tuition costs? I have a thread going on about financial aid but no replies. I got a good aid package but I’m concerned about the rest of the cost.</p>

<p>im paying full tuition if accepted and if i decide to attend, i am an international and i believe i dont qualify for scholarships. shame on me.</p>

<p>My package is similar to yours sabrina, the rest of the money would be loans…</p>

<p>I’m still waiting as well guys. I called about 2 weeks or more ago and they said they needed my calculus syllabus and a copy of my passport. I sent it to them, called them back a week later and they told me to be patient. On the site none of my documents are available, what does that mean?</p>

<p>well my issue with the loans is that I can’t do a PLUS loans bc neither of my parents are able to co-sign. I would have to get a private loan. it’s about 5 to 8 thousand that I need to come with after the loans and grants. I’m trying to figure it out but the office of financial aid isn’t too helpful right now.</p>

<p>Then I guess try to get the private loan. What is office of FA saying?</p>

<p>Wadefan why would you have to send your calculus syllabus?. Are you an international student?</p>

<p>Just Got accepted yesterday. Im waiting on my FA package to know. I should be coming in a freshman (tho I would be a sophmore) for Architecture. :slight_smile:
So how is everyone :)</p>

<p>I got accepted late cause I sent my forms in really late ><</p>

<p>the office of FA isn’t very helpful. they told me to go seek private loans from a bank. The difference that I need to come up isn’t much so I probably won’t do that anyway.</p>

<p>Congrats marionette!!! Welcome to UM</p>

<p>Sabrina then what are you going to do? are you still coming to UM or you’re going somewhere else…?</p>

<p>Sabrina have you looked into getting an on-campus job?</p>

<p>I’ll have to start a payment plan for whatever I can’t come up with by July. I have a job now which I plan to keep throughout my first semester/year at UM. It pays waaaaay more than an on campus job would so I have to hold onto it.</p>

<p>Has anyone gone through the loan process yet? I accepted them on myum but I haven’t done any of the online paper work.</p>

<p>cristina001 Yes I am an international student, as well as an accounting major.</p>

<p>I haven’t but I’m going to start with the process soon sabrina.</p>