Transfer students accepted

<p>Craig1212 for question 1 I think you have a good chance. For 2 it depends on your major. For some schools you need to apply annually others you can for each semester. Good luck!</p>

<p>Congrats mmd916!!! I live with my mother so I have no worries for housing, and the fbook group is a great idea…</p>

<p>Thanks! unfortunately University Village is only for juniors and seniors :confused: I guess I have to start looking for a roommate and an apartment now…</p>

<p>Technically you are a junior if you’re transferring in. Shouldn’t you still be allowed to apply for housing though? Maybe it’s different for you because you applied so late</p>

<p>I was finally able to make am appointment with my transfer advisor at the school of arts and sciences! The bad news is it’s not until mid June. Has anyone picked classes yet at the A&S or any other school? </p>

<p>Has anyone gone through the financial process yet? I accepted all the grants and aid awards but I haven’t begun to take out loans and complete the federal loan process.</p>

<p>Mid june? wow…I just came from the U and I’m all registered for fall.
I have one more paper to sign to complete the loan process.</p>

<p>Yeah the school of arts and sciences didn’t have appointments until mid June. Were the classes very full at the comm school? </p>

<p>I haven’t even started that whole process on student loans. I need to get a private loan too which I haven’t even found. Aside from that I need to do the federal loans ASAP</p>

<p>here is how my story continues: I called the Admission office every 2 days and finally got some vital info -> my math syllabus is not reviewed yet. </p>

<p>So i was *<strong><em>ed… very *</em></strong>ed cuz i sent them in since 3 months ago. I called the business school and ask them if they can review the math syllabus. Well, the respond was they would try to do it today and get back to me “soon”. </p>

<p>…</p>

<p>No, but some of them were already full.</p>

<p>Omg halidir!! I guess I would forget about um. I don’t know why the eff took them so long with international students. Are you planing on going somewhere else?</p>

<p>Yeah Cristina, I’m waiting for BC, BU and USC. I know that there are lots of people waiting for the syllabus thing too. Well I guess I will have to persevere till the end. haha.</p>

<p>I’m also an international student that might transfer to UM…but i sent everything last week so i don’t know at all.i was admitted last year but did not go…I’m so sick of waiting !!!</p>

<p>Ok finally my hard-work pays off. I talked the PERSON who is responsible for reviewing my Math syllabus. She is a really nice lady and immediately send the email to the International Admission Office. YAY! I have 3.65, hopefully i can make it.</p>

<p>I called the housing department and the lady told me my housing assignment should be up by the end of the week! looks like I can get on campus housing after all!</p>

<p>that’s great mmd! at least you won’t have to search for apartments in the city now. since you’re not a freshman, you should get better housing (not the freshman towers) you’ll probably get eaton, pearson or mahonney. my boyfriend lived in pearson for four years and liked it a lot, especially bc he lucked out and never lived in the freshman dorms.</p>

<p>yea, I was soooo happy when she told me that. I was wondering… on the website it says that there are “double” “small singles”(only for Stanford and Hecht) and “singles”, but I don’t remember specifying my preference for any of these on the housing application. How do they determine who gets what?</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure only freshman get Stanford and Hecht but maybe since you are a first year, you might get those too. I have no idea how they determine who gets what. Can’t you request preferences and all that? And can you request if you want a roommate? Obviously if you do you’ll get a double, if not you have the chance of a single.</p>

<p>cool Halidir, i hope u get in.</p>

<p>i think UM forgot about me, thank god i have more options.</p>

<p>good luck Halidir.</p>

<p>Thanks Bombazo, when are you coming over to US?</p>

<p>Hope you get in halidir. </p>

<p>what about you bombazo? any other options besides um?</p>

<p>Thanks Cristina! I’m anxious!</p>

<p>I hope everyone gets in too! It might be an anxious few weeks but it’ll all be worth it in the end when you get accepted. And if you do we can meet up at orientation in august!</p>