Transfer Students-Stats and Status!

<p>to those who have applied where does it say when you would get your potential decision? on the student links page where u click notifications? mine just state that they have received my virtual app…im assuming their still waiting on my transcripts-recs-and other peices of information</p>

<p>@EDozier6 I think that you do have a good chance of being accepted because of the letters of recommendation and the letters that you wrote really show that you truly want to be a badger. I also think that your job and GPA shows that you can balance work and school very well. I think that if you don’t get accepted soon you will be postponed and all that means is that they want to see your next semesters grades. Good Luck</p>

<p>did any of the acceptees have any alumni recommendations</p>

<p>I had none</p>

<p>i had a 3.5 the first semester 12 credits…this semester im taking 18 credits. Do you think i have any chance to be accepted? or even postponed?</p>

<p>Im hoping for a postponement at worst…i wrote phenomenal essays (Really worked incredible hard on them to make them incredible)

• 1 alumni rec
  • 1 Teacher Rec</p>

<p>I even took my SATS again just in case they would want them. I hope all of this shows the school i want to go there more then anyone. </p>

<p>It seems as if a mixed result has been achieved so far…atleast no denial’s yet.</p>

<p>I havent been assigned a counselar yet…when does that happen</p>

<p>@Stevenjames07 i think you should get in. The average is a 3.4 so you have that going for you. Also, alumni and teacher’s recs should only help your case. I am pretty sure that you will not be denied. I think you can get accepted but dont be surprised if you get postponed, but I think that is the worst you could possibly do. Just work hard this next semester and you should be admitted.</p>

<p>Also, where are you transferring from, a UW school or a different school out of state. Maybe that could be why you haven’t heard back.</p>

<p>im transferring for a new york community college</p>

<p>I cant be sure but it seems like they give preference to students in state. But I don’t think you should be worried about that because of all the other things you have going for you.</p>

<p>I heard applicants who are postponed generally get accepted by early March or March 15th.</p>

<p>Not exactly sure if its true, but they take half or all postponed transfer applicants.</p>

<p>Has anyone heard of this???</p>

<p>I believe you are confusing freshman applicant deferrals with transfer applicant deferrals.</p>

<p>I don’t think the timelines are the same. </p>

<p>Transfer applicant deferrals could easily drift into April before receiving a final decison.</p>

<p>As with any Admission scenarios, timelines change based on the number of applicants, quality of applicants, and number of current Wisc. students leaving Wisc. </p>

<p>At this point, all you can do is wait and have a solid plan B in place, including registering for classes at another school, if only to have a spot and classes for Fall 2012 if Wisc. doesn’t work out.</p>

<p>@Edozier6 You sent the extra statement as a supporting material separately? Just wanted to clarify because I completed the two required statements on the application and was wondering if I could send an extra statement as well. Anyone have any input?</p>

<p>@christopher9366 yes i sent in an extra statement as supporting material and I e-mailed it to them. Once they receive your letter they will mark it down as support material, print it out, and add it to your file. I would definetely tell anyone to apply this to strengthen their chances. Goodluck to all including myself.</p>

<p>Yeah I read the decision letter and I won’t get a decision yet till after they get my spring grades.</p>

<p>I’m really suprised you got postponed with a 3.8…That makes me extremely worried with my 3.3 oos</p>

<p>@Wisco4life That is exactly how I feel ! </p>

<p>But I think its because I’m applying to transfer for fall 2012 as a sophomore and they probably want to see another semester of my grades to accept me. </p>

<p>I hope they will, I need to keep it up maybe even get a higher gpa this spring. </p>

<p>When did you turn in your application and when did it say you find out ?
Don’t worry, I haven’t heard of anyone getting denied who had a 3.0 and above.
I believe we are all safe here.</p>

<p>when does the spring semester end for all of you…mines may15th…thats seems relatively late for a decision</p>

<p>Wisco seems as if they accept alot of transfer schools…i think that OOS might have a little higher then usual chance because UW is trying to sever its extremely close ties with the UW system</p>

<p>My last day for spring term is May 11th and final exams the next week.</p>

<p>But my grades don’t get released till May 25th…so Im going to email my spring term grades to them. Since the letter said they will decide after they received my grades.</p>

<p>@Stevenjames07 What did your status say on your application and when do you find out?</p>

<p>We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Once we confirm receipt of required materials your application will proceed to a counselor for review.</p>

<p>Visit the Notifications page to view important messages. Check back here for updates on your application status.</p>

<p>tHen i click notifications and it says that they have recieved my WEB app</p>

<p>I’m currently in a quarter based college and my on-line status says my application is incomplete because I haven’t send my winter grades (this winter term that only started 4 weeks ago). I have a 3.86 GPA with 60 Credits so far, I though it would have been enough for a decision. Anyway, I guess I’ll get a decision pretty late.</p>