Transferring to Texas A&M- College Station

Alright Fellas,

Im a sophomore at Richland Community College in Dallas, Texas. In my first semester in the fall of 2016 I entered with 15 hours but dropped one class, finishing the semester with 12 hours and a 3.2 GPA. Spring of 2017 I repeated that with 12 more hours and another 3.2 GPA. My third semester, Fall of 2017, I got another 12 hours on a 3.7 GPA. So what we have is

Fall 16: 12 hours/3.2 GPA
Spring 17: 12 hours/ 3.2 GPA
Fall 17: 12 hours/3.7 GPA

I now have a total of 36 hours with a overall 3.33 GPA. I have a lot of extracurricular and service hours from high school (2012-2016) and an alright amount from the last two years. I’ve got a solid recommendation letter from a successful Aggie who knows me very well, and I feel confident. Now I just need brutal honestly. I have 36 hours, a 3.33 GPA, and am applying to the College of Communications at Texas A&M. What’re my chances like?

Thanks, and Gig Em.

It all depends on the college, but I think your chances are good as long as you’ve completed all the course requirements for that college.

Hey guys, I’m transferring into agricultural economics. I have a 2.95 and 58 hours. I applied on the 14th. Any idea when I might hear back and my chances on getting in ?

@badbunny I’m betting by the 15-20th of March you’ll know their decision. As for your chances, you’ve got a lot of hours but I’m not sure how competitive that major is at A&M. It’ll likely come down to what classes you’ve taken as well as your essays. Good luck!