Trial Examinations...

<p>I know this is a rather rare question, and I'm not sure anybody will have any justified feedback for this, but I'll just throw it out there; how much do IB trial examination scores affect college decisions? For my school, my semester reports come with semester grades and trial exam marks around early February. Of course, I'm planning on studying, but it's the difference between studying my arse off or sort of calmly taking apart each subject.
If the difference between the two paths matters at all, the if I cram like crazy, I could probably get perfect marks; I expect one or two sixes with a looser schedule. I really wanted to get a job over my winter break, so this isn't a question entirely stemming from my hatred of examinations.
Any help would be appreciated!</p>

<p>At our school, the mock exams aren’t reported separately on the semester report - they are incorporated into the 2nd quarter grade. So college admissions wouldn’t see them on the transcript.</p>

<p>However, students who attend IB schools outside of the US, who are applying to US universities, need to have their school submit the International Supplement. This form asks for your predicted final IB grades. Many schools use the Mock exam results to predict the final IB grades.</p>

<p>Either way, I don’t think university admissions will look kindly upon you blowing off your mock exams, if they come to know about it. Also, the purpose of mocks is to help you become familiar with the format/timing of the exams, so it’s to your benefit to try your best.</p>

<p>If you are applying to the US, the predictions don’t matter at all–US schools are interested in the rigor of your schedule and the grades you get in your classes. Predictions are considered only for class placement after you’ve been accepted, and then only your actual scores are used.
If you’re applying to the UK, good predictions are essential.
I’m not sure about anywhere else.</p>