Tufts Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Tufts Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 4

Typical release date?

Late March, sadly. Last year it was March 29th.

I recently applied to Tufts RD, and had a question on application updates. Since January I was able to get a research paper published in a peer reviewed journal, something I would love for Tufts to know. I am aware that most decisions start being made around mid February (when mid-year reports are due) and I was wondering if there was any way I could send a mid-year report? Most colleges I applied to had an explicit place for adding application updates but I don’t see anything for Tufts (and I obviously don’t want to send an update if they don’t accept them). I couldn’t find a lot of information regarding this topic on google. Does anyone know?

My gut reaction is that sending an update to Tufts would be a great way to demonstrate your continued interest, which they’re believed to care a lot about. I can’t find a place to send updates either, but I didn’t see anything saying not to. If you do decide to send this paper along, I think you could just email it to your specific AO (Admission Officers by State and World Region | Tufts Admissions) and be sure to CC the generic undergraduate admissions email address (undergraduate.admissions@tufts.edu).

Edited to add: Congratulations, by the way!

1 Like

Email your admissions officer first asking how to submit it (don’t just send it without asking first). Keep that initial email short and to the point. Then follow his/her instructions.

Historically, when has Tufts released RD decisions? Is there a pattern?

In past years it’s been the Tuesday before the Ivys - so March 28th this year.

Hi - We are in SoCal applying RD and any have not heard about an interview (which is supposed to happen by end of Feb). Any other CA folks out there who can share whether or not they have gotten an an interview scheduled?

2 Likes

D23 had interview in mid Jan. SoCal

1 Like

Does everyone have a “Final Academic Report & Transcript (due June 27, 2023)” in their main portal? TIA.

Yes, the interview was on the later side and with a current student at Tufts via Zoom.

Yes - my daughter’s portal has said Final Academic Report etc since she signed up. It’s not a sign of anything.

1 Like

Did anyone receive a likely letter? How does it look? We got a letter today infirming that decisions will be released on X date and they were humbled by our application. Does that sound like a likely letter?

Just got an email from Tufts Admissions stating RD release date is 21 Mar 0700ET

1 Like

We received same email. I guess that everyone get it.

1 Like

delete

1 Like

I got this email too.

Whats the first paragraph of that email?

everyone got the same email – about the inclusive world you are building etc. Unfortunately, I don’t think it is a likely letter. just an email notification about the decision date.

2 Likes