Tuition Exchange for Fall 2023 (Class of 2027)

This is great. Thank you. I have 2 coworkers who will be entering this wild ride this fall. I will definitely let them know when the 2024 thread opens and to review your spreadsheet.

Thank you!

1 Like

Sounds like a plan and a great idea with Google sheets!

Hope your summer is off to an excellent start.
Thanks again for organizing!

1 Like

The information will be extremely helpful, thank you for doing this!

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this. Even though I just finished with my daughter, my son is right behind her in the Class of 2025 so I plan to keep an eye on all these stats!

1 Like

Hi There!

Here are my daughters stats

Stats:
GPA: 4.00UW/4.00W
SAT: No SATs submitted/applied test optional
APs: Psychology, US History, Gov’t and Politics, Human Geography
ECs: Girls Lacrosse (Lettered Athlete 3 years), Equestrian Team (Regionals and Finals), Interact Club, Key Club, Environmental Club, National Honor Society

All the best to future TE applicants!

1 Like

Hi All,

Okay, it’s up on Google Sheets, here:

I have it set so that if you go to the sheet through that link, you can edit it. So, please feel free to add and update, or make whatever changes you’d like to make. I’m sure I made some mistakes (it was a lot of data!) so I assume there are errors.

If you want to add your own results to the sheet, please feel free to do that, just do it so that it matches the way the other posters’ results were added so it’s all consistent.

I assume that the 2024 TE thread will start closer to the Fall, so that gives us time to update this sheet. When the 2024 TE thread goes up, I’ll post this link there too, so that the posters can access it.

Thanks again, everyone, for your support along the way this year. It was a pleasure to interact on the thread with all of you, and I hope your kids all love their respective college destinations! It has been one hell of a ride.

10 Likes

Wow, what an excellent resource. Way to pay it forward!

I know this is going to be such a help to 2024 folks and beyond. Thanks so much for doing it.

Hear, hear!

6 Likes

Sure! 4.2 and TO
Top 10-12% of class—not sure exactly
4-year varsity athlete
4-year pre-professional engineering program
6 APs out of maybe 13 - 14 possible
Lots of service—won the school’s service award
Some leadership
Unhooked

Syracuse Maxwell — Rejected by Maxwell and CAS :cry: / visited two times!

Pitt Accepted and awarded $5k scholarship / Rejected TE / visited in person Final cost $45k

Juniata Accepted / awarded full tuition TE / visited in person Final cost:$13k

Kalamazoo Awarded $42000 scholarship in place of TE / visited in person Final cost $25k

Elon Accepted / Rejected TE / showed zero DI and had no interest in the school. Sigh Final cost: $50-60k

U Richmond Rejected — showed zero DI

If 23 applied to other TE schools, I can’t remember them now.

2 Likes

Thank you! I just updated your column on the sheet.

I feel so guilty my low gpa kid got set rate at Syracuse.

And already starting the long list for D25.

1. Samford
  2. Sacred Heart U
  3. Quinnipiac U
  4. U of Delaware
  5. Catholic U of America
  6. Palm Beach Atlantic U
  7. Mercer U
  8. Bellarmine U
  9. Stevenson U
  10. Dean College
  11. Endicott College
  12. Emmanuel College
  13. Lindenwood U
  14. Rockhurst U
  15. St. Louis U
  16. Creighton U
  17. Seton Hall U
  18. Fordham U
  19. Hofstra U
  20. Juniata U
  21. Salve Regina U
  22. Southern Methodist U
  23. U of St. Thomas-TX
  24. Dominican
  25. Butler
  26. Florida Southern
  27. St. Mary’s TX
  28. Barry
  29. St. Thomas FL
  30. University of St. Thomas MN
  31. Xavier
  32. Ohio Northern

Does your D25 have a major in mind when selecting these colleges?

Thank you, @excel_dad!

1 Like

Aw, he deserves it! He sounds like a kind and talented young man. We did have our hearts broken a bit yet we also know that each school has their institutional priorities and not to take any acceptance or rejection personally. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smile:

I’ll still wear my Syracuse sweatshirt. =)

1 Like

Oops. that part did not cut and paste.

1 Like

I wish S20 and I had researched JU more during his search. I didn’t dig into it until too late, but once I did I found it intriguing.

Both my kids said they felt it was bigger then its student size. Felt spread out well. Nicely maintained and updated. My son said the music facility was nice. They both loved the location close to city and beach. Lots of job opportunities in the area. Food choices limited which was typical for a small school but they felt they could survive. They gave my son full tuition scholarship (not TE related). If my daughter changes her interest in majors its a contender. The communication from the school was great. I worry with FL but fingers crossed the private schools survive

3 Likes

Thanks again for compiling this spreadsheet. It provides a wealth of info!

Made a few updates and was trying to provide some additional info about Loyola Marymount in LA. Added " UC eligible" (upperclass eligible) in column, but may be a clearer way to reference?

(In past years-- LMU awarded TE to just freshmen and transfer students but students currently enrolled at LMU were eligible to receive TE award this past cycle. This change may explain why there aren’t any TE acceptances shown on the spread sheet. Only 4 red bars…

1 Like

Thanks!

I widened that column to fit “>200 Apps for 8 TE, current LMU students eligible”. You could be right about that as a partial explanation for the red bars. Every person with a red bar in the sheet has a green bar at a school with at least slightly higher stats/ranking. If some of the 8 TE go to already enrolled students, it’s going to be super competitive to get one.

1 Like

Hello, I haven’t found a thread for applicants who will begin college in the fall of 2023. Additionally, because TE is so competitive, we have visited a few of the schools on the list and cast a wide net.