Tulane Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Amazing! congrats!

Mine got the same.
congrats!

1 Like

Does anyone know if they let admitted students ask to petition for Honors program?

Congrats!

Honors college, or not?
just curious what kind of stats seem to get kids into honors.
Congrats!!

I donā€™t know - why not reach out to admissions and ask, cannot hurt.
Our DS did get accepted to Honors. I always think it hard to compare GPAā€™s, as there is so much variation school to school. Our own child transferred schools after sophomore year and his current school wonā€™t even do a GPA calc for him! Our guess - he is around 4.5W, and 3.9ish unweighted. 8 AP classes, highest rigor possible in his HS. 34 ACT. Great ECā€™s, science internship, volunteer work, working musician, science research, college level music ensembles, camp counselor, etc. HS doesnā€™t do ranking, but he is top 5%. He took some risks with his essays, but they were genuine and true to his voice. He visited, he did the interview, he took a summer class in his interest area. His 1st quarter grades were exceptional. But he has seen rejections and deferrals from other schools, all of it seems like such a crap shoot :frowning:

1 Like

D22 said anecdotally from an admitted studentsā€™ chat that it seemed those admitted to honors mostly submitted test scores. I wouldnā€™t deem this info too reliable though :wink:

1 Like

DD accepted EA with $5K per year merit. unlikely to qualify for need based financial aid. Any chance we can get more merit? not sure when Paul Tulane or other scholarship announced. Was hoping for A LOT more merit. if u are willing to share, those that got like >$15 k per year, what are stats? did u submit test scores?

1 Like

Congrats! My daughter got
Accepted ea w honors and 18k per yr
4.7 wgpa, 8aps, all honors, etc.
Classes if not AP, 32ACT, visited, sat in on a class, showed interest but not annoyingly (did 3 virtual events, saw rep at northeast HS)
Good luck!

2 Likes

Oops. I meantā€¦All honors classes if not an AP

My D has the same stats as yours and also honors and 18K :slight_smile:

3 Likes

20k merit invite to honors

4.2 gpa
32 act
7 Ap
Leadership within clubs
Lots of demonstrated interest

2 Likes

Deferral on Monday. Today, in the mail, a big envelope with a ā€œFinancing your education at Tulaneā€ pamphlet. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

My son received $25K per year in merit aid. He has a 4.0 UW GPA (4.4 W) and 35 ACT. He did submit his test score.

2 Likes

3.9 gpa, 1540 sat, 20,000 yr merit, waiting for more money.

1 Like

Ours came yesterday.

Lol. I want to wait for more money too!! Are you anticipating getting more?

Congrats! Do you know when you will learn if thereā€™s more money?

1 Like

She did apply for Paul Tulane award, I hear Stamp scholarship is automatically considered. She would get $2000.00 for NMF thatā€™s nothing. In February, we would know the final amount. Weā€™re are not qualified for financial aid.

gotcha. I applied as well so hopefully we will get good news in Feb. good luck