TV for the living room in RCS

<p>^^^Thanks!!
Yes, I know that it might be difficult to convince students that they don’t need the “best and most expensive” TV/gaming systems at college. However, if a parent can convince a student to leave these items behind initially (due to “lack of room” or some other excuse), students might just be surprised that they really don’t miss them.
After all, if the parent is paying for these extras, they can choose not to.</p>

<p>Haha, I was actually referring to roommates. Even if you or your child don’t bring a TV or gaming system, the other kids may.</p>

<p>^^^Yes, you are right…that is why a roommate contract signed by all parties is very important. Spell out the rules for TV/music noise, visitor rules, locking of doors/safety issues, refrigerator/food issues, cleaning/chores, and the washing of dishes/garbage disposal. This is really important in helping to resolve any problems that occur later on.</p>

<p>As far as my D, it is her money so ultimately her choice and this is her contribution to the suite. Could she leave it at home sure, will she watch it? I imagine a movie ever so often and perhaps away games.</p>

<p>Like I said, my opinion only…it really is a personal choice, however there have been threads about noise levels and quiet study time, or students not getting out and about enough. Just food for thought. :)</p>

<p>Just FYI, there are tailgates and viewing parties for away games as well.</p>