Two questions regarding scholarship and engineering

<p>So, my friend-who is also a Korean and an international-is taking a gap year right now, </p>

<p>and he asked me if U of Alabama also offers scholarship for those who are applying after taking a gap year, and if the school has good engineering.</p>

<p>I know our school is good…but how is the engineering compared to Huntsville?</p>

<p>Also, he has way above 3.5 GPA and above SAT 1400*math+CR. Will he still be able to apply for OOS scholarship? </p>

<p>Bama’s engineering is ranked a little bit higher than UA Huntsville, but both are very good. </p>

<p>Yes, he can apply to UAH’s scholarship.</p>

<p>Thanks m2ck. Will he be able to apply to UA (tuscaloosa)scholarship as well? </p>

<p>Is UAH best for aerospace? Or is the program at UA its equal? </p>

<p>He could apply, but I’m not sure how Bama would handle his gap year. when did he take his SAT exams? </p>

<p>Probably during this junior or senior year. How long is SAT score effective?</p>

<p>As long as it wasn’t after Dec of senior year.</p>

<p>Hi there, I think your friend can apply for admission as well as scholarships.</p>

<p>Last year, I applied to UA with my grade 10 certificate because it is recognized (by UA, through World Education Services) as a US high school diploma equivalent. I was half way through grade 12 back then, so that meant my “high school” qualification was like 1.5 years old and UA accepted it without any issue. </p>

<p>One of the good things about UA is that it grants generous credits for AP exams, so your friend can register for a bunch of AP tests this coming summer, matriculate with 40+ credit hours, and use that advantage to take more upper division engineering electives. </p>