U. Virginia Class of 2027 Official Thread

Dean J posted today they will start making offers on the WL this week. Her blog said OOS A&S. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

what is A&S?

1 Like

Out of State, College of Arts and Sciences.

Anyone heard yet from waitlist?

2 Likes

They said end of week by email. So I would not expect anything to be out until late today or tomorrow.

1 Like

The blog post has all the details about the WL that I can share so far: Notes from Peabody: The UVA Application Process: Waiting List Update for #UVA27

I’ll be doing my weekly live q&a on IG this afternoon at 2:15 PM. Most of the questions coming in are already about the WL.

6 Likes

Dean J-

Whether or not my son gets off the waitlist doesn’t change my expression of gratitude for your transparency and help in us better understand this process. No other school (private or public) has an admissions team like you all do. You providing updates on every platform imaginable is incredible!

So this is just a note with an anonymous thank you.

You have helped me and my family through this really stressful and mentally draining time in our lives. I hope he does get in so my wife and I can come visit the school and thank you personally. You’re special and don’t ever lose this human touch you have with the families looking to associate with UVA.

Thank you!

• Name to not be disclosed as to not impact my son’s admission possibility :slight_smile:
5 Likes

Thank you for the kind feedback! I feel as though I have neglected CC in the last few seasons as I’ve added another site and another app to the portfolio. I promise to keep doing this as long as people find it helpful!

5 Likes

Are you able to say how many total students opted-in to the WL (OOS College specifically). And I know that is a moving target but maybe as of this week?

And then, are you able to say about how many WL offers you will be giving this week? thanks!!

My daughter got in. She’s over the moon!!

5 Likes

That is fantastic!!

1 Like

Yep - I see Dean J posted in her story that the first round waitlist emails went out about an hour ago. Nothing here. Bummer!

2 Likes

My daughter was accepted today (OOS. Arts & Sciences). It was a wonderful surprise.

6 Likes

Congratulations!! How much time was she given to make a decision?

1 Like

She was notified on Thursday afternoon and she needs to respond by Sunday.

I need to find out about guaranteed housing on campus. I assume that’s a yes, but I should find out.

1 Like

If you don’t mind sharing, what state are you in?

Where are you located?

1 Like

So OOS applicants offered acceptances yesterday. I listened to Dean J’s Instagram Live and I’ve read all the stuff, sounds like there is a potential for more coming off the waitlist as well. And I know about the “melt” that she referred to (students getting off waitlists on other schools and then declining UVA). Wonder what the odds are of in-state acceptances being offered and how soon? Honestly, I know no one has that answer (except maybe Admissions), I just want someone to say “your daughter will get an offer SOON!” :slight_smile: She did get one from another waitlist and is happier, but UVA is still her #1 by far, so we are holding out a little hope. ‘Little’ being the key word. But still hope. Congrats to those OOS students that were accepted yesterday! I imagine that is an amazing feeling!!

1 Like

Congrats!

All first years have to live in university housing! After that, they can choose to stay in housing or move into the neighborhood. Between students moving into the neighborhood and studying abroad, there always seems to be housing for those who want it after first year. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, congratulations! Did she submit a LOCI?

2 Likes