UA Honors vs. Barrett for Pre-Med?

<p>Hey guys!
I got accepted to both honors programs and I was wondering if anyone had any comments on the pros or cons on each school. I’m majoring in biochemistry and I heard that UA is much better science classes-wise, but Barrett is better when it comes to the amount of honors classes provided. Does anyone agree or disagree? I’m not sure which one I should choose since they both seem very similar to me.</p>

<p>It’s a horse that’s been beaten to death a dozen times. Barrett it seems has a slight edge in the scope of their honors program over UA. Personal opinion though, honors colleges are like minor degrees: doesn’t really matter. If they actually offered honors classes in your major instead of solely gen-ed honors then I’d see some significance, but they don’t so I don’t. </p>

<p>UA vs ASU is another horse beating. UA has less of a party school stigma than ASU, and UA gets more funding being the flagship school, but other than that it’s splitting hairs.</p>

<p>If I were to give you the 30 second spiel about which to chose, I’d say go with whichever your first instinct is to go with. There’s really no wrong answer, just one that’s slightly more right in your own eyes.</p>

<p>Sorry if this is repetitive, but I couldn’t find anything useful about the two colleges when it came to science majors…but does UA offer more premed opportunities because of it’s medical school?</p>

<p>My daughter is choosing UA/Honors over ASU/Barrett because we’ve heard that UA is a much better science school. My other daughter (they are twins) chose ASU/Barrett over UA because she’s planning on majoriing in Journalism/Business or Pre-Law. I hope that helps.</p>