UA textbooks

<p>Hello, I’m an incoming Freshman this fall. I’m just wondering if anyone knows of any good sites in regards to textbook swapping/students selling their textbooks for cheap. </p>

<p>My schedule is :Intro Biology Non Maj I - BSC 108 - 002
Intro Biology Non Maj I - BSC 108 - 012
Microcomputer Applications - CS 102 - 005
English Composition - EN 102 - 018
Precalculus Trigonometry - MATH 113 - 012
Intro To Religious Studies - REL 100 - 001</p>

<p>If any parents have kids who have taken these classes and are willing to sell their used textbooks, pm me. I will buy them for a good price.</p>

<p>Hopeful Dawg,
Try slugbooks for decent priced used boos. You select your school, class and teacher and the required books for that class appear if available from several different sites.</p>

<p>I like the search engine directtextbook.com It is a very comprehensive source for new, used, rental and ebooks with over 200 online stores. You can easily compare different options and costs (incl. s/h) and it also shows if they are offering additional discounts. All you need is to look up the ISBN number for the books required for your classes and you’re set.</p>

<p>If you know the textbook is not one you’ll want to keep, also consider renting to save a couple dollars.</p>

<p>There are websites that specialize in textbook rentals like Chegg, but Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and even the Supe store have started doing rentals.</p>

<p>FWIW, we are finding that the Supe store’s prices for some used books can’t be beat by online sources.</p>

<p>Can books from the Supe Store be charged to the student’s general financial account @ Bama or do they have to be purchased via credit card or Express Card?</p>

<p>This may sound like a dumb question but…in my S’s math course there are multiple books and they are listed as “choose one” vs required. Does that mean he can get either book and he will have what he needs?</p>

<p>@NJPEEPS</p>

<p>For the most part, Yes. When it says choose one there’s usually the choice between an electronic version, a bound version, and in some cases an unbound version that can be put in a binder. They’re all the same text and you can choose whichever one you prefer.</p>

<p>In the case of math - some say they include access codes and others don’t. So far my son has needed an access code for all of his math classes - it’s how homework is submitted. You can purchase the access codes separately, so if you choose a book that comes without an access code, then you may still need to purchase an access code to go along with it.</p>

<p>NC2Bama: Sorry, you can’t charge books to your student’s account. </p>

<p>NJPEEPS: It’s not a dumb question. We have all asked it. Your student will need the book and possibly the code to submit work online. It would help if you listed your student’s book options.</p>

<p>Keep in mind too that the Supestore charges sales tax on textbooks while many online sellers do not. College bookstores are known to carry custom editions (often the basic edition with a couple chapters removed) and/or textbook bundles that cannot easily be found elsewhere when simply searching by ISBN. If one knows the difference between the custom and basic editions and what’s in each bundle, one can often save a lot of money by purchasing the textbooks, access codes, etc. online.</p>

<p>Here are the books copied from my bama. We are confused!!! Please advise any help figuring this out. Thanks</p>

<p>Displaying Textbooks for MATH - 112, section 016 (Nathaniel Lewis Jackson)</p>

<p>Calc Casio Fx-260 Virginia State Testing</p>

<p>Required</p>

<p>Response Pad Xr (Xrc-01)NonePublisher 12281619Binding None</p>

<p>Choose One</p>

<p>My Mathlab Stand Alone Code (Spring/Summer/Fall 11/12/13)CodeISBN 0558859089Copyright 11Publisher PearsonBinding None</p>

<p>Choose One</p>

<p>Algebra And Trigonometry W/MlpBlitzerISBN 1269199447Binding None</p>

<p>Choose One</p>

<p>Nxt Clicker (Fall 2013)/Turning TechNone/Turning Tech ClickerBinding None</p>

<h2>Choose One</h2>

<p>Displaying Textbooks for MATH - 112, section 026 ()</p>

<p>Calc Casio Fx-260 Virginia State Testing</p>

<p>Required</p>

<p>Response Pad Xr (Xrc-01)NonePublisher 12281619Binding None</p>

<p>My Mathlab Stand Alone Code (Spring/Summer/Fall 11/12/13)CodeISBN 0558859089Copyright 11Publisher PearsonBinding None</p>

<p>Access Code Only
Algebra And Trigonometry W/MlpBlitzerISBN 1269199447Binding None</p>

<p>Choose One</p>

<p>Nxt Clicker (Fall 2013)/Turning TechNone/Turning Tech ClickerBinding None</p>

<p>Choose One</p>

<p>^^^^njpeeps, the cheaper version includes an ebook as opposed to the more expensive version which includes the actual textbook. Unless your student needs a physical copy of the book for their own self the cheaper version is fine. The Casio FX260 is about 10 bucks on Amazon. It’s a solar powered calculator.</p>

<p>NJPeeps…we were in the SupeStore today and a very helpful employee explained the whole Math 112 books to us…Here is what we learned:</p>

<p>-Calc Casio Fx-260 Virginia State Testing
This is the ONLY calcualter that you will be allowed to use for tests and
during come labs</p>

<p>-Response Pad Xr (Xrc-01)NonePublisher 12281619Binding None
-Nxt Clicker (Fall 2013)/Turning TechNone/Turning Tech ClickerBinding None
These are the "clickers"used in class. The Response Pad Xr is the old style which the
university will drop support for after next semester. It was recommened to us to
wait and buy the Nxt Clicker as it is what the University is moving to. These
clickers are good for ANY class that uses a clicker (Mathc, Chem, etc)</p>

<p>-My Mathlab Stand Alone Code (Spring/Summer/Fall 11/12/13)CodeISBN 0558859089Copyright 11Publisher PearsonBinding None
-Algebra And Trigonometry W/MlpBlitzerISBN 1269199447Binding None
These are the “text” books & online access codes. The more expensive one
includes an unbound text that you will need to put into a binder. Both of
these options included the online access code. So if you student wants the
hard copy of the text you can save some $$ and just get the cheaper one.</p>

<p>Hope this helps……</p>

<p>NJPeeps, if it makes you feel any better, I missed the “chose one” and bought all 4 options for honors calc. Class2012mom had a good chuckle at that, rightfully so…:)</p>

<p>So twomutts the Turning Technology Clicker and the response pad are substitutes for each other and as result only one is needed? I actually used the TTC for a dual enrollment class but lost it :(</p>

<p>That is what we were told yesterday by the SupeStore staff.</p>

<p>To avoid confusion the Nxt clicker is available this semester. It is supposed to be back in stock on Monday. The advice we were given is that since my son was a freshman he should wait until next week and buy the nxt clicker that way it will be good for more than two semesters.</p>