UC Applicants Verification

<p>I just want to know is the UC Verification before or after admission. Some people said before and some people said after.
I also want to know how do the UCs choose the 10% of the applicants. Do each campuses choose their own 10%? Or they choose the 10% of the total applicants, prior to looking at your apps. I am currently a junior in high school and I want to get more information for the UCs. Thanks for helping!</p>

<p>They verify after applications are submitted, and the 10% are chosen randomly.</p>

<p>That sounds like only information someone who was going to submit a dishonest application would need to worry about. Usually when people are trying to 'get information for the UCs, they want to know what will help them get in. So it is a strange thing for a Jr to worry about, how the application gets verified.</p>

<p>Yes, I know the verification is after the app was submitted, but I am asking do they verify before or after admission from campuses. Also, I am wondering do they choose the 10% from the total amount of UC Applicants, for example, if there are 100,000 applicants, they choose 10,000, or do they do it separately by campuses? Like if UCSD accepted 50,000 applicants, do they choose 5,000 people from it? </p>

<p>Well I just want to know the information, so I don’t have to worry about it next year. And I don’t think we need to judge any others on the internet right? I just come here to ask for help. </p>

<p>They do only on accepted applications.</p>

<p>Why would they spend the time validating an application they plan to reject?</p>

<p>But like what if one campus admitted, but the person could not provide a verification, will it affect other campuses as well?</p>

<p>if you’ve made a significant claim they can’t verify, they will bounce you. If they believe it was an intentional misrepresentation, they are likely to communicate with other UCs. Each schools makes it’s own determination. </p>

<p>Then what if one school admitted a person and that person has no way to provide verification? Will it affect other campuses as well?</p>

<p>As the applicant, it is your job to prove your claims. They accept validation in many forms so, anything you really did should be pretty easy to validate. Each campus makes its own determination about the adequacy of your documentation. If you don’t respond or simply can’t support a significant claim, expect them to share that with other campuses. So, it is possible UCLA might overlook the under-documented EC while UCM just bounces the applicant. That’s impossible to predict. </p>

<p>Most of these campuses reject far more applicants than they accept. I’d expect anything fishy to get your application tossed quickly into the ‘No’ stack.</p>

<p>It is best to be truthful and collect your documentation along the way. Photos of you at events, letters from fellow participants or beneficiaries, your pic in the yearbook, newspaper clippings and all go a long way to proving your involvement.</p>

<p>Then what if one school admitted a person and that person has no way to provide verification? Will it affect other campuses as well?</p>

<p>The verification checks are done by UC’s systemwide office. It doesn’t matter where you would have been admitted to, a failed verification means you’ll be rejected by all of the UCs. I remember a news article saying that they give every student two chances (as in, if you can’t verify one EC you can do another), but I can’t find it so I might remember it wrong.</p>

<p>I found the article, I remembered wrong: <a href=“Applying to UC? Don't fib”>http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/18/local/me-ucfraud18&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;