UC Application vs Transcript discrepancy

very random question but when you select a course on the UC application, does it automatically list whether its NH (Not Honors) or H? i got into berkeley recently and I saw on my transcript that Enhanced Chemistry counted as an honors class (weighted same as AP) but on the UC application, it lists it as NH. im just wondering if this is a mistake on my part of if its the UC applications fault

also, you arent supposed to list PE courses on the UC app right? just being overly paranoid that berkeley will get upset if my transcript and uc courses dont perfectly match up lol

1 Like

Correct, PE classes are not suppose to be listed only A-G courses.

Are you CA HS student? If so, you can look up if the course is UC approved to receive the Honors points on this website. If it is on the list as an Honors class, you would check that box.

Yes, I’m a CA student. i just checked the website and it is in fact an honors course. do you think this is a problem for when i submit my final transcript? if anything, this makes my application / GPA weaker because I listed it as NH on the UC app when it should’ve been H

UCB accepted you based on your UC application. If you are concerned, you can email admissions and let them know of the discrepancy so there is a record. It should not be an issue.

one last question, i took a summer course after 9th grade. on my transcript, it lists it as between 2020-2021 but on the UC app it says 2019-2020. not sure if i manually chose that or if it does that by default. is this a potential issue?

I would email admissions with that error. It could minimally affect your UC GPA depending upon if it was really taken after 9th. Your transcript and UC application information needs to match.

if i remember correctly, the UC app asks you to check whether or not you took summer courses after a certain year. i checked that box (that I took a summer course after 9th) and it put 2019-2020 by default

The summer class after 9th should be reported for 10th grade academic year.

i see. i put out a request to contact berkeley admissions but they apparently take a few days to respond. do you think this is a possible reason for rescinding?

also, i just looked at a youtube video - someone checked the box saying they took a summer class after 10th grade and it listed it between the years of the previous grade (same years as 10th grade, not junior year)

here’s an attached image

Ok, I guess that is an issue with the UC application regarding the summer course default year.

No you will not be rescinded for any of these issues. They are minor.

If you contact admissions about these minor issues and they have a record, then the discrepancy will be a non- issue.

1 Like

okay, thank you so much for responding. i really appreciate it and all that you do for all of these other people

1 Like