UC astrophysics

Hello, I am a senior who is looking for applying to several UC schools.
I want to major in physics (especially astrophysics), and I’m having a hard time finding out which schools are the best.
Definitely, UCB would be the first.
I am applying to UCB.
however, problem arises after that; amongst eight UC schools except Berkeley, I cannot distinguish schools which I should apply to. I dont want to waste much money on applying to UC (since I am applying to 15 other colleges besides UC) so I decided I’ll just apply to three UC colleges. (Including Berkeley)
So, can you guys help me out here which schools should I apply to?? (For a good astrophysics program)

Thanks!

I have heard good things about UC Santa Cruz and UC Santa Barbara’s Astrophysics programs but do not have any first hand knowledge.

I also have heard good things about UC Santa Cruz for astro and UC Santa Barbara for physics/astro. I don’t know your stats or whether you’ve done any research, but you might want to look at the CCS Physics program at UCSB, which is a separate application.

I would also think that UCLA would be up there with Berkeley. Their list of astro-related faculty is extensive. http://www.astro.ucla.edu/content/about-our-faculty

@Ynotgo
my very basic stats are:
ACT 35 (single sitting)
SAT2 Chem 800 Math 2C 800 Japanese 770
GPA around 3.8ish

your GPA is going to make many UCs a reach. UCR, UCM and maybe UCSC are probably in range.

Good luck