UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

My Dd did too- common app she was fighting for every word but with UC app she was able to explain so much more.

1 Like

Yeah, I feel like D didn’t do a great job using her space effectively with the ECs. Hopefully the PIQs will pull her through (she used those to elaborate and contextualize them a bit).

Perhaps. He was a MET applicant but wasn’t admitted in the Feb MET/GMP/Regents wave so this is highly unlikely to be related to that. Regardless of what the process is, its probably prudent to get very specific with ECs and have tons of evidence to back up claims in the event an audit is trigerred or if a random UC person takes it upon themselves to look into an applicant.

Well if they don’t look at the website, not worried about it as she used a PIQ to provide additional information for the unique EC.

Also, she stuck with the word restrictions in the UC app (not common app as you stated). I don’t see how her providing validation/credentials to her EC is unfair to others.

Listing a website at least is not infringing on what the UC’s have specifically said they don’t want to see. For example, the students who throw in their SAT/ACT scores or NMSF into their essays for the UC’s when clearly they are test blind or throw in their heritage/race/ethnicity into their PIQ’s when they eliminated affirmative action.

This can be quite relevant to telling the applicant’s story, however, rather than an attempt to skirt the affirmative action issue.

3 Likes

I heard about the Berkeley early notifications- some say it’s only for regents while some say it can be for both regents and non-scholarship applicants who stood out. Anyone know?

1 Like

I think this was somewhere above - it can be for things like scholarship candidates, recruited athletes, and applicants to special programs.

1 Like

Candidates for Regents will be admitted early and invited to interview. Other early admits may include recruited athletes, admits to special programs like MET, and possibly a few other high priority admits.

Most admits, however, will not hear anything until the regular notification date, so it’s going to be a long few months for most applicants. :sweat:

2 Likes

Yeah, I wish they would just put us ALL out of our misery in February.

2 Likes

Good things come to those who wait :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Let’s hope :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone’s Berkeley portal have this dot next to the green checkmark? I remember reading about it last year on CC but doubt it has any significance at all. It’s probably just a formatting thing.

Screenshot_20230123_040828

I don’t have access to my daughter’s portal so no idea what she has there, but if it does have any meaning, maybe the most likely is that the received document has been opened and/or read?

From last year’s portal astrology thread, the dot didn’t mean anything. UCB Portal Astrology Discussion - #19 by scrambro

Yeah, I don’t think it means anything. Probably just a formatting thing or it marks that the applicant has been read?

@tamagotchi is correct. This was investigated and debunked as something that appears or doesn’t appear based on your browser/Windows version/display options or something. It has zero credibility as a predictor.

You’ll need to wait until March until UCB starts doing stuff with planning Admitted student events around CA. If you want to discuss this further, you can head over the the Astrology thread. I dont know if this is the right one, but it has a load of info on what went down last year. @ucscuuw knows what I’m talking about too.

2 Likes

Brings back some fond memories :wink:

I would imagine the admit reception loophole has been fixed for this year.

2 Likes

i cant believe portal astrology was so accurate last year

hi @Avtrite. you have three “Received” checks in your portal: Application, LOR, and what is the 3rd item, if you don’t mind me asking

1 Like

Probably application + two LORs. Each LOR gets its own checkmark.

4 Likes