UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

Is it possible some decisions will come out tomorrow? Probably not though considering all early decisions most likely came out today. But they usually did early decisions on Friday so that’s kind of weird this year.

Yeah, that’s what I wonder. But who knows…

Wait did the person who get in , get MET + Reagents?

Did you get reagents too?

vast, VAST majority will be coming out in March. I know its a long haul, but hang in there. Neither of my boys (at Cal now) got a sniff of Regents. There are some ridiculously high stat/accomplished kids that you’d figure would be a great candidate for Regents, but don’t get it. Here’s what they look for:
“The scholarship is extended to a select cohort of Berkeley undergraduates who stand out for their creativity, leadership, service, and strong convictions. Candidates reflect one of the highest principles of this institution: commitment to excellence.”
So it’s clear there is some collection of characteristics that stand out for this honor, that don’t necessarily reflect all the criteria listed out in the holistic review process. I’ve been through this twice, and this is my third and final time. Hang in there for a month, then we can start to really focus on the announcement day

8 Likes

Fingers crossed for a threpeat my friend :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

appreciate the :heart: and back at you.

Anyone got in GMP?

2 Likes

Last year GMP admits were notified in March. Historically they are notified early prior to 2022.

Did anyone else get invited to apply for this SEED scholars program instead of regents etc. ?

Absolutely thrilled for S23’s friend who was accepted after being deferred by his dream school. 4.8w, full IB diploma, research, and national awards.

3 Likes

Yes. It appears those identified as potential SEED participants also got some early admittances. (And not just Regents, since no invite for that.) Not sure if student will apply or not because interest in research etc is uncertain. Still it sounds like a great program!

1 Like

UC admissions by source data for 2022 is out.

1 Like

New 2022 UC Data for Source School is out: Admissions by source school | University of California

1 Like

We have a thread going on over here on this for anyone who is interested

Did anyone receive this feb update email from uc berkely

1 Like

Yes, S23 received email, “Feb Update: Applications In Review.”

I’m guessing this means they are finished releasing early admits this week, and there won’t be any more today. Hope for the best in March! :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

We just got it.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for everyone in March - if it all works out, we should hold the first annual UCB College Confidential potluck in the fall. Right under the Campanile :wink:

5 Likes

QQ “early admits” across all programs or is this specifically for some programs?

1 Like