UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

@GoldRush2 just curious, where do you see that UC Davis “really cares a lot about collaboration”?

1 Like

Scroll down to “What sets Davis apart?”

and

The collaborative spirit of UC Davis

7 Likes

I think UC Irvine may tend to offer admission to those who live in the county, correct? Otherwise why is it somewhat of a “commuter school” still (if indeed that’s still the reputation). Or perhaps it’s simply that more “locals” apply (the LA Basin has tens of thousands of high school seniors I imagine so I suppose it’s easy to be a “local”). On the other hand I know one student from the SF Bay Area who applied widely to many UCs but was offered admission to UC Irvine only. Must have been a good “fit” somehow.

2 Likes

I had a question regarding the California Student Aid Commission website where I logged in today to check the cal grant status. I noticed that under the school of attendance, it had UC Berkeley under it. I was confused by this because I never wrote UCB as the school of attendance anywhere and decisions haven’t been released either so it makes absolutely no sense at all. Could someone please explain how that happened?

1 Like

I do not know the answer, but my daughter also had another school automatically assigned as her “school of attendance.” Maybe that school happened to be the first one you listed in your FAFSA or some other similar list?

2 Likes

Most likely indicative of the schools you’ve listed on the FAFSA

1 Like

Yeah, that’s possible. Maybe the first one added to the list was automatically added to the website.

It’s the first school you listed on your FAFSA.

3 Likes

@scrambro shared in another thread that Berkeley posted dates for their regional receptions.

California Events

• Sacramento, CA – April 10 @ 7pm Pacific Time
  • Stockton, CA – April 11 @ 7pm Pacific Time
  • Visalia, CA – April 12 @ 7pm Pacific Time
  • Ontario, CA – April 13 @ 7pm Pacific Time
  • Palm Desert, CA – April 14 @ 7pm Pacific Time
  • Los Angeles, CA – April 16 @ 10am Pacific Time
  • Pasadena, CA – April 17 @ 7pm Pacific Time
  • Orange County, CA – April 18 @ 7pm Pacific Time
  • San Diego, CA – April 19 @ 7pm Pacific Time

Out of State Events

• Washington, DC – April 13 @ 7pm Eastern Time
  • New York/New Jersey – April 14 @ 7pm Eastern Time
  • Chicago, IL – April 15 @ 2pm Central Time
  • Miami, FL – April 16 @ 2pm Eastern Time
  • Atlanta, CA – April 17 @ 2pm Eastern Time
3 Likes

@lkg4answers yes, thanks for reposting. There is no link to register yet for these events, but they did update the page with these event locations and dates just last night.

4 Likes

My daughter is a student at UC Irvine and it is definitely not a commuter school. Not sure if it was in the past. She has one good friend from Irvine and even that friend lives in student housing.

3 Likes

I’d tend to agree with this. Irvine gets more applications than Cal does, is in a pretty desirable SoCal location, and has a really unique and compact campus design, not to mention the world class science and tech offerings. It really has emerged as a top UC with a lower acceptance rate than Davis and Santa Barbara.

2 Likes

:100: agree

Waitlisted at Santa Cruz for CS. So disappointing!

I’m so sorry to hear that :frowning: But now you’ve had a rejection and waitlist, so maybe that means you’re due for an acceptance next?

4 Likes

So far acceptance at UCM, Rejection at UCD, and Waitlisted at UCSC. UCLA and UCB are next which I’m quite nervous about since they’re harder to get into. Hoping for the best though.

3 Likes

What did you apply for in other UCs? SD might come in earlier than Friday from the email they sent out couple weeks ago.

3 Likes

I speculated earlier that local students might get a boost this year at UCB because of the housing situation (and UCB’s hope to get more potential commuters to reduce strain on their housing supply). My daughter has an internship at Cal this semester and she was actually just saying that her internship coordinator recently said the same thing - that he expects more local-ish admits this year because Cal is so screwed with student housing. Her internship coordinator does NOT work in admissions so this is obviously just speculation, but it is speculation coming from pretty close to the source.

So might be good news for some here, including you Avtrite. SF isn’t Berkeley, but it’s relatively “local” and I know some SF students commute. So maybe you’ll get a boost?

3 Likes

Man I hope you’re right :sob::sob: I also fall under “local-ish” lol

4 Likes

Did you apply to UCSD and UCI? Also did you apply CS for all UC’s? CS is extremely competitive. U can never tell which UC may accept you. There is a lot of hope. Be positive. :four_leaf_clover::crossed_fingers: