UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Yeah, I totally hear you on “decisions making sense on a personal level” and maybe that not being as true this year.

When we went through this with my daughter three years ago, she ended up getting into her ED2 college and so pulled all of her other applications, including the UCs, so we have nothing to compare this year to, really.

Nah, I got accepted into UC Merced, UCSC, and UCR, but I don’t want to attend any of these.

got in but is it true that the around area are extremely unsafe and dangerous?

1 Like

how much % get invited for scholarship?

i got an 11k freshman scholarship but not sure if this is the same thing

thankyou

Lots of people are responding to you with sincere well wishes and ideas for how to proceed because your first post said you were “literally rejected everywhere.” I am relieved to hear that that was hyperbole and that you actually got accepted at three UCs. They’re great options. Congratulations!

11 Likes
  • Daughter Admitted
  • In-state
  • Microbial Biology - Rausser College of Natural Resources
    • 3.93/W 4.62, UC GPA 4.38
  • Accepted UCSB, UCSD, UCI, UCR, CSUF, CPP, CP SLO, Chico, Channel Isl. San Marcos (Accepted for biochem-rejected for direct entry nursing) Rejected - SDSU Direct Entry Nursing
  • LORs were requested back in December
    We did not try any portal astrology. Just waited to see naturally.
    She will be attending Cal State Fullerton (Direct Entry Nursing).
4 Likes

It’s Oakland. I have visited the neighborhood before, it does make you feel uncomfortable because of all the graffiti and homeless people. The sanitation is poor. UC Berkeley is like a shining bright light admist all that rubble.

No.

You have to be invited and then apply for the SEEDS scholarship.

Davis is a fabulous institution of higher learning. My d is a second-year there. Academics are top-notch and the community is truly amazing. Professors and councilors really get to know their students.

6 Likes

The SEEDS scholar program is only a few years old so I do not have any stats to share, sorry.

No, it’s not true at all.

just sayin for my 2027 class reading this next year, portal astrology worked here (and by everyones standard way under qualified, was a real reach)

i didnt look at any portal astrology or anything just checked the portal when decisions came out and got in lol

1 Like

Or

Which is it?

6 Likes

Congratulations. UCB is not near Oakland but some surrounding areas have more crime and they sometimes spill into campus. There are more homeless in CA large cities(SFO, LA) but UCB campus itself is safe.

You need to take common sense precautions like in any big city.

6 Likes

Daughter Accepted! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:
L&S - Music
In-state
3.97 / 4.50 (fully weighted 10 & 11 grades)
9 AP’s, 16 DE, 1 Honors
Lot’s of volunteer hours and extracurriculars
Accepted: UCSC (w/ merit), UCD, UCSD, UCB, Cal Poly SLO, LMU (w/ merit), Pepperdine (w/merit), SDSU
Rejected: UCLA (devastating! :broken_heart:), UCI
Waitlisted: UCSB :scream:(shocked! Perfect match for their music program). Oh well.

Congrats to all who got accepted to UCB today. Portal astrology was spot on. To those who are disappointed with today’s results, as has been said here a thousand times, you will find your place. All the best on your journey!

9 Likes

Daughter admitted

• In-state, public school
  • L&S, biology
  • 4.00, 4.28, 4.59
  • 9 AP’s, 4 college classes
  • Many EC’s, varsity athlete
  • Accepted UCLA, UCD, UCSC and several small OOS private colleges
7 Likes