UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Are you done with all the schools? I presume SLO is at the top of your D’s list.

anyone have the waitlist data for the last few years? friends got waitlisted and wants to know his chances of getting in.

Try here: UC Berkeley Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

1 Like

Based on the Chart. College of Engineering is only 6% for 2021-2022.
EECS should be lower. Maybe only 3-4%

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you

Waitlisted , OOS
UW 4.0 / 12+ APs / UC-GPA: 4.64
Varsity Sport Captain
Solid leadership/very good ECs+CS related ECs/Volunteering etc

Its a big bummer, my S22 is still upset on waitlisted for UCB EECS.
We wish he will get lifted from waitlist pool. (But we have zero hope)

Since I promised to share all results regardless of the outcome for future stats-gatherers:

• Admission Decision: Rejected
  • Major: Computer Science
  • GPA:
    – Weighted GPA: 4.29 (uncapped)
    – Unweighted GPA: 4.0
  • In-state, non-local
  • HS course rigor: 5 AP & 1 CC (AP Comp Sci A (4), AP Comp Sci Prin (5), AP Physics 1 (5), AP CALC A/B, & CALC B/C (pending), and a college Computer Programming class) A-G Reqs: A-2.5, B-4, C-6, D-4, E-3, F-1, G-3.5.
  • EC’s and major-related job:
    – EPP Participation: none
    – Work: 21+ hours/wk, Has his own game company and manages a staff of ~40
    – EC: 11-15 hours/wk (varsity tennis, officer in his school’s Cyber Patriot team, student rep to district’s CTE comp sci pathway, CSF, 120 hours of volunteer work)
2 Likes

It worked, thank you!

Visited campus yesterday. Beautiful! Great energy. Also walked around Telegraph, College, Durant, Shattuck. Actually saw way less homeless than I’ve seen in San Francisco and LA.

7 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. We are touring next week.

Thanks for keeping everyone updated and sharing stats for posterity. I wish more parents share details even for the denials although I understand why they may not be motivated.

Congrats again on SLO. Your son is going to have a wonderful time at one of the best CS schools in the country.

3 Likes

Are you going on an admitted student tour? We can’t make it to Cal Day so we wanted to try to visit the campus beforehand but we can’t find where to signup for a guided tour. Do you happen to have a link? Thank you!

There is a link on CalCentral that lets you reserve an admitted students tour. It will be under Notifications on the right side of the page.

Looks like there is no space until 04/19. Take a look and see if you can snag an earlier spot.

1 Like

Great! As always, thanks @ucscuuw!!!

Yeah, even though it says zero spaces available, it accepted my reservation for mid-April. Thanks again!!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

These portal glitches are everywhere but they somehow always works to our advantage ha ha :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

She’s waiting for a few more reaches but they’re extremely unlikely so is trying to sort through it all and we still haven’t visited all the schools. SLO is one of the top for sure, and we are very grateful she has great choices! So exciting your son is considering both Cal and UCSB right? So exciting congrats!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For admitted and waitlisted students, it says:
“Reservations are preferable, but if the tour is full on the date you wish to visit, we still welcome you on this tailored tour.”

4 Likes

Thank you!