UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Hi - D22 is checking out the Cal day schedule. she is College of letters and science ( interested in economics, business etc in general). For economics/ political economy type subjects are there any specific buildings ( where classes take place) we should look up? Any pointers on how to get the best out of cal day. There are so many options - thinking of attending the morning address to students, signing up for campus tour, checkout the residential hall area. Anything else?

Thanks

1 Like

congrats to all who got in!

2 Likes

Haas information table

1 Like

Where were you able to find Cal Day schedule info? We have already registered that we will be at the stadium first thing in the morning, but I’m not seeing schedule options beyond that. Maybe we aren’t looking in the right place. Currently most interested in talking to students about school/life balance, meeting professors in Molecular and Cell Biology, learning more about Fall Program for Freshman and hopefully seeing some housing options.

1 Like

Looks like each department may publish their own schedule. For instance, here is the engineering schedule

I found an old schedule for MCB but this should at least give you an idea. Call the department and ask.

1 Like

Hi - has anyone been to Cal Day that can share any insight on what to expect? I’m taking my daughter this weekend. I’ve looked at the schedule she received through the app - after the opening presentation in the morning are we on our own the rest of the day? Unfortunately, there weren’t too many events on the schedule that seemed particularly relevant to her so I’m just wondering what we’ll be doing all day. I want to make the most of the time and not just be wandering around. Thanks in advance for any tips!

Following. The schedule is STEM focused. Nothing for non STEM students this year. Very odd and not attractive for undecided students.

1 Like

My daughter received instructions to download an app and there is a schedule there. Not sure if this helps you or not! (I’m still a bit confused about the day myself!)

Remember, the last Cal Day that was in person was in 2019.

1 Like

We are planning to visit Cal Day on Apr 23 too. My son is interested in Physics and he downloaded the app but we don’t see any schedule for Physics. Anyone have any information about Cal Day schedule of L&S and/or Physics? We’d like to know about curriculum, dorm, etc.

1 Like

4-year plans for MCB majors | Molecular and Cell Biology lists suggested schedules for MCB major (some reordering can be done in some cases). Note that example 3 is for students starting with FPF (where Chemistry 1A is not offered).

FPF course offerings are listed at Course Offerings | Berkeley Fall Program for First Semester

1 Like

It was embedded into the cal day message from UCB ( after registering for it) . It asks to download an app and has some options to add and build schedule . In general planning to walk around a lot and get an idea of the place

Here’s the web link for the Cal Day schedule, https://guidebook.com/g/#/guides/calday22/details; passphrase is calday22. As other people have mentioned, you can download a mobile app which provide for a better user experience.

2 Likes

Thanks! I went back and found the link for the Cal Day app.

We won’t be able to attend Cal Day so would love it if the rest of you could share your experiences and impressions!

3 Likes

Yes, very exciting and I think we are getting closer to a decision. Did your D commit already?

No, she’s still Undecided!! :weary: But narrowed down to SLO, UCSC, WPI, Pitt.

Is yours waiting until Cal Day to decide? It’s so exciting reading everyone’s decisions!! :slight_smile:

I know where I would go on that list :grinning:
Did she get a lot of $$$ from Pitt and WPI?

2 Likes

I found some more information after digging through the app a bit more. You can do a search by major to get more information on what will be happening on Saturday. Physics will be tabling in Hearst Mining Circle - Table 129 “Meet the Physics Major Advisors for the information on our major programs, requirements, course scheduling, and general information. “

1 Like

I’d definitely recommend downloading the app and searching for some majors your student is interested in. It looks like every major will be tabling with information. Tons of non-STEM depts … History, Creative Writing, African American Studies, French, Music and on and on.