UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

The form has consistently stayed at 1/3, leading me to consider this astrology could possibly be just a staggered loading in of decisions. This theory will have to be tested as we get closer to the decision date. If anyone that currently has not authorized ultimately becomes forbidden, this would suggest this astrology is false and instead is just a result of not all decisions loading yet.

Again, here is the form https://strawpoll.com/polls/LVyK8eW2dn0/

I noticed that the ratio is approaching that of last year’s poll, which is around 27%.

1 Like

I pretty much agree with what you say.
It’s 6 days left before the decision and not sure the decisions are in the system yet.
But the theory behind this astrology looks logical.

Anyone know from last year, about the timeline when this was shown as “forbidden “ for potential admits.

1 Like

This wasn’t the theory last year. Back then, It was all about the admit event registration. This might be a new source of leak but only time will tell. I gotta say though - these poll #s are looking plausible more and more but I am not as sure this time around. Last year, I was 99% sure before the decision day that the astrology was real.

2 Likes

Does the admit event registration work again for this year?

1 Like

this needs to be addressed

Last year was about withdraw form
 The message displayed indicated your decision

Wait a bit confused? Logging in with map id and seeing forbidden is a good sign or bad sign?.

P.S. I know most portal astrology is bogus, but im just curious

1 Like

its a good sign

I got forbidden

I know someone who is not admitted early has full access (with the @berkeley.edu email)

I’m unclear why this theory is still being considered when about 1/3 of people have the forbidden. That seems too high to be related to admission even for this unrepresentative sample.

1 Like

Honestly ~30% is probably accurate for Berkeley acceptance here. I don’t completely believe this, but it’s odd that there’s two different results for people.

if u factor in waitlist offers it seems valid - def on the high side but its not too off so far

its fared better than a lot of other theories on here, except mine about the decision button ofc :wink:

You think WL would be bucketed with acceptance in the forbidden results?

thats my only guess to the number of forbiddens being where it is rn

1 Like

The number is simply too high to mean anything. It wouldn’t make sense for waitlisted ones to have a calnet ID so I’m sure this means nothing

2 Likes

Also one friend of mine is neither not authorized nor forbidden. His portal said unrecognized login

So I guess now there are four states, which could means accept, wl, reject, and not decision loaded yet (or this astrology might just simply be false).
Forbidden
Not recognized
Can fully access with the berkeley.edu email
Unrecognized login.

i don’t know if this helps, but i withdrew my berkeley application (so in theory, there shouldn’t be a record in their ‘database’ for me), and i receive the “not authorized” message

2 Likes