UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

whar is welcome slate loll

I asked some of my friends who got the forbidden page and they all have the welcome url. It seems that the login/denied thing is pretty rare

1 Like

the end of ur url on the calnet page after logging in

Have you found at least two people with that login denied thing

they wait-list about half the amount they accept right?

1 Like

um yes, but I only found 2. I wish to find more on cc lol

2 Likes

I guess so. I am just pretty shocked that nobody have gotten that login/error thing. It’s statistically unlikely

2 Likes

Got it. I thought it might be a glitch if only one person got that thing

Also forbidden with Welcome/Slate

1 Like

sorry I meant login/denied

Maybe someone can dig up last years poll re: the admitted student events. I seem to remember that about 30% of respondents could register? The poll was a little confusing, and i dont remember if there was a factor that identified waitlist.
The takeaway statistically was that there were several confounding factors that led to a 30% acceptance vs a 12-15%. 1)some students who were denied didn’t bother with the poll 2) the kind of student who is active on college confidential may be more motivated in general and have a higher chance at admission than the regular applicant pool. 3) some people may just ■■■■■ and vote for whatever. Anyway i think it was acknowledged that 30% seemed about right for this board, and it ended up being 100% accurate

1 Like

I think 30% sounds right. But not sure whether login/denied really means waitlist or not, cuz other than the 2 ppl James mentioned, I haven’t heard of others with that suffix

Here’s a poll from last year. THIS IS FROM 2022

1 Like

We can’t say that everyone who got in and tested the myth voted. According to max’s data wheel, last year’s data is about 30%.

1 Like

can someone point me in the right direction of what to do to see what we are talking about and the website lol

2 Likes

Yes exactly, we cant assume everyone voted, and those who receive “not authorized” would be less likely to vote, agreed?

1 Like

Yeah, plausible.

1 Like

Is it better to see the Welcome/SLATE url ending or login/denied?

Welcome/slate might mean admit and denied might suggest waitlist. Which one do you see

2 Likes

Mine shows welcome/slate. I also received the forbidden page.

2 Likes