UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

Last year 30% of poll responders had the +ve astrology sign, and every one of them was admitted. So, that is really not an issue. This year, the theory could be wrong but the 30% survey response is not abnormal for a predictive sign.

3 Likes

Last year the astrology ā€œsignalā€ was discovered 4-5 days before decisions came out. This is 5 days. I think it makes pretty decent sense. I donā€™t know, however, what is involved with uploading decisions, and if that process is instantaneous, or if it in fact takes a few days.

2 Likes

As someone who has ā€œnot authorizedā€ I really want to believe that this isnā€™t real :crying_cat_face:

5 Likes

last years astrology was deemed mostly valid 4-5 days prior, right? so then does anybody know if anyones astrology changed 1-2 days prior, or even on the day of decisions?

stats were the same last year tho, it was 30%

1 Like

I donā€™t remember that it changed at any point. I think it was possible to register for the newly admitted student events starting on Monday then upto and beyond decisions coming out. I donā€™t remember that there was a break when you couldnā€™t register. Let me check last years threadā€¦

i heard that last year, some peopleā€™s astrology changed on the day of or 1-2 days prior. i donā€™t know though because i havenā€™t looked at last years thread myself

1 Like

maybe Iā€™m mistaken, but Itā€™s possible that you are referring to the withdraw button astrology. I never messed with that one, so that might have changed 1-2 days before decisions - I donā€™t know. The newly admitted student events astrology was consistent throughout.

Wait fr?

WARNING Let me also point out that as we got into decision day last year, there were a number of new accounts that were really T R O L L ish, badgered students who were on this thread, and may have even offered potentially malicious advice.

1 Like

NoName8668 says they know early admits with ā€œnot authorizedā€ but the CS knowledge others have mentioned makes sense too

1 Like

Makes sense. UCSB closed the portal 2 days before and UCLA closed the portal for a day before the decisions. But I am not sure if they are preparing and programming in other things as part of post- admit process and the actual decisions would be posted 1-2 days before the decision.

But this theory still looks believable to me. Unfortunately, we are ā€œunauthorizedā€ and may not be admitted.

1 Like

i would like to know if this is really true, because of it is, then it basically completely disproves the astrology method we have right now. i have yet to hear of an inconsistency other than from NoName8668

Same here. We got ā€œnot authorized.ā€ We just contributed to the survey and weā€™re in the other 60%. My D23 is 4.0UW/4.6WGPA but no hooks, OOS, and no LOR so weā€™re sort of expecting this. Sheā€™s super happy with UCLA (her #1 choice) so itā€™s all good. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is possible that Cal uploads decisions in batchesā€¦ Coz iirc, peopleā€™s withdraw form access was changing till T-2 days last year. So maybe the ones I know get it updated on Mon/Tue?

1 Like

College confidential posters who are into portal astrology are not representative of the general population of applicants, so I believe that 30% of people on this thread who have responded to the poll could have been admitted.

5 Likes

The only change was that UCB did a ā€œfixā€ to shut down admit event registration but if you recall, we were still able to cancel and re-egister using the confirmation links even though the front-end wasnā€™t allowing anyone to sign up.

2 Likes

God if this whole non-authorized vs. forbidden thing is true then I cannot believe I just found out I got rejected from my dream school at 3:30am at night :frowning:

1 Like

Oh THATā€™s Right. Ok, now I remember

Student digital identity data (CalNet ID and passphrase) are added to CalNet as soon as they are admitted. So, I guess forbidden means acceptance.