UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

I heard of some got unauthorized yesterday but forbidden today. So the review is still going on prob. And I don’t think anyone who was admitted earlier will got a unauthorized page.

1 Like

Well, guess I’m not going to Berkeley then. Ouch, but fine since I’d have to take hefty loans anyways

Ouch!

2 Likes

Heartbroken… into thousands of pieces…

what URL needs to be checked for forbidden vs unauthorized?

https://bpr.calnet.berkeley.edu/account-manager/

Please update your prompt…

Broken hearts get together.

1 Like

Guess we are awaiting our doom then

I told my friend yesterday that I got an unauthorized message but turned out that I entered the wrong link. The link I entered yesterday was also sth posted here but not the acc manager one. I got forbidden today (from the right link). So I guess maybe they used a different link yesterday.

2 Likes

Sorry, you are not authorized to use this application.

I really think they are still uploading info. My daughter - admitted - can access her Cal Central stuff but, for example, all of her financial aid information disappeared over the weekend with a note saying some things were temporarily unavailable and to check back later in the week. I realize that this doesn’t directly speak to the “forbidden” issue, but it does mean that they are still actively updating the portal info this week. Even previously available information is being updated right now. New information gets loaded, things change.

Just curious why it’s 30%? Shouldn’t be that high for UCB right? or it is combination of acceptance and WL ppl?

What is right link?

It said the same thing last year

My advice of yesterday for students obsessing over portal astrology to go out and get some fresh air stands :wink:

2 Likes

My son got “This is for setting Cal Net Id, pl. proceed” kind of message. What does this mean?

Now getting you are not allowed to see this page(Forbidden).

1 Like

that’s wild, I didnt have any interruption this weekend at all.

btw, did your cost of attendance on your calcentral go up a few hundred bucks?

This has been touched on. per @ucscuuw 's post earlier:
“Last year 30% of poll responders had the +ve astrology sign, and every one of them was admitted. So, that is really not an issue. This year, the theory could be wrong but the 30% survey response is not abnormal for a predictive sign.”

I’ve been meaning to ask, will Keenan Allen’s alma mater have an influence on your school choice? :grin:

1 Like