UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

You’re not talking about the same “not authorized”. There is no way your message changes from the “not authorized” message inside the orange box into the forbidden message with the red box.

Yeah, to be fair, this is the first time they’ve posted – feel like someone created an account to spread this theory LOL

2 Likes

mine said both forbidden and not authorized then let me into my account. pm me for pics i’m trying to decipher what it means. i cant attach an image

1 Like

U can upload the pics here.

But that is what happens, Calnet is open to all sorts of folks, including admits. As an alum with a .berkeley.edu address I have access to Calnet myself.

For regular undergraduate and graduate students, CalNet pulls data into LDAP when students are admitted and before they have returned their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). These records are held in a “pre-SIR” container in LDAP until students have returned the SIR

https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/calnet-me/how-claim-your-calnet-id/when-do-people-get-calnet-accounts

2 Likes

Believe it or not, it actually changed. For a sec it was a blank page, and I thought it was a reception issue. But after a refresh, the green button showed up.

he showed proof in the berkeley applicants discord, but it’s proof that could’ve been faked. not claiming that it is fake, but i’m just not buying it as of now unless there are more reports of this occurrence.

1 Like

I posted it in discord. I don’t have proof of them being the same account since previously I couldn’t sign in.

Seems like some of people have misunderstood the “unauthorized” we’re talking about now. The exactly “unauthorized” page should contain a “Calnet Account Manager” on the upper left and a “log in” button on the upper right corner. The exactly “forbidden” page should contain a “Calnet Account Manager” on the upper left and “your name” on the upper right corner instead of “log in”. Other pages or messages such as “Application Not Authorized to Use CAS” means you clicked a wrong link.

3 Likes

Sure… i wouldn’t believe it happening to someone else either.

Can u send a link to the berk applicant discord?

1 Like

Not sure that I fully understand you but I see what ur talking about. The “ unauthorized “ and “ forbidden “ we are discussing is the result after you press the green button. You may have went into a wrong link earlier or sth else. But if your previous “ unauthorized “ happened after you pressed the green button…something definitely happened

1 Like

I have a friend who got admitted early to Berkeley who is getting “not authorized” rn, idk if that proves anything but wanted to throw it out there.

5 Likes

What green button?

A green button that says “ Set up my calnet Id” ( I don’t know why I cannot post pictures

2 Likes

Can someone post the link you are trying to access??

can you provide any proof? if you can, it would disprove this entire astrology theory.

1 Like

can someone send the link so i can attach images

discord gg AgMtbFf9

Can you post the link you are trying to access please?

2 Likes