UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

I think unauthorized people won’t see the green button because they won’t be able to set up a Calnet account which is what the button is for

3 Likes

The correct message is “not authorized” NOT “unauthorized”

That’s not the fact. Still a lot of people get unauthorized after clicking the green button

Yeah this was the page I used so I assume the unauthorized is correct. Though idk what happened with the green button process.

It’s just a few people later on join the discussion don’t know the right link. I post the difference between forbidden page and unauthorized page before.

1 Like

The unauthorized page should have the exact following message:
CalNet Account Manager
Sorry, you are not authorized to use this application.

3 Likes

Two results are all appeared after clicking the green button

Getting the Forbidden message when clicking on Setup CalNET ID.

So I searched up when do people get their Calnet accounts on google, and clicked into the Berkeley official link. It says “ Student digital identity data (CalNet ID and passphrase) are added to CalNet as soon as they are admitted.” so I assume that although the forbidden thing might not mean something, but having your name on the top right corner should mean that your profile is in the calnet data base, which possibly means acceptance. And people do get their accounts before they return the SIR.

1 Like

Exactly. And there were some CS experts explained the difference between 403 forbidden and 401 authorized, which is similar to whether you are in the database already or not. And only forbidden message has the name on top. Both the name theory and CS theory prove the forbidden vs. unauthorized astrology

2 Likes

everyone that pressed the green button got forbidden, everyone not authorized just got sent directly to the page after logging in from this link
https://bpr.calnet.berkeley.edu/account-manager/
can anyone testify against this?

I got the exact same page as described, and the message as “sorry, you are not authorized to use this application”. Never saw the green button saying to set up CalNet ID. I think the page is still accurate despite the process being slightly different. Still, I’m trying to cope with the fact that I didn’t see the green button lmao.

i think the not authorized vs. forbidden thing is probably an accurate predictor, but i dont think there is anyone who got not authorized after pressing the green button, not authorized people should have never been able to set up their CalNet ID

1 Like

Does it have a black font of “CalNet Account Manager” above a orange box that contains the message of “Sorry, you are not authorized to use this application” ?

1 Like

also @Max_Chen, a Freshman this year mentioned that:
According to what I remember from my own experience from last year, once you are admitted, you have to log into CalCentral using your MAP@Berkeley ID in order to set up your CalNet ID (kind of like a username for all your student accounts and your berkeley.edu email), only after that can you accept your offer on CalCentral. Our offers came out on March 24th, but afterwards I saw on CalCentral that some of the new admitted student tasks such as “accept offer of admission” are “assigned Mar 20th”, which indicates that the school may have already set up every admittee’s account before the release of the decisions.

yes

That’s wired. My friend clicked the green button and get the unauthorized page that we discussed. And I clicked the green button and got the forbidden message.

1 Like

I see! Hoping for it to change to forbidden now if that’s ever possible :')

1 Like

How can I post an image on this platform. I have the image comparing how forbidden and unauthorized pages are different

then so far we have three possibilities

1 Like