UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

I won’t do anything related to my account.

1 Like

My friend who got unauthorized got “Your account hasn’t been created yet.
Please try again later.”

2 Likes

Second that

I’d avoid doing anything with trying to signup for a CalNet account, cause I believe it typically indicates you’ve accepted your offer.

As someone who has been admitted and has not committed, I have not been given any instructions regarding CalNet ID creation.

Your decision will come out in like 72 hours, chillax innit.

Folks, please chill and don’t do anything with your accounts that jeopardizes a potential admit. A few years ago, a bunch of Harvard applicants figured out a “hack” and ended up getting their admissions rescinded.

Reading the signs is fine but actively trying to access UC systems are not cool and may not be looked at kindly. The admitted events thing last year didn’t have implications for campus IT security, but activating accounts might.

3 Likes

^Yea, if you guys accidentally entered your ID on calnet acct manager like me that’s fine, just DONT click on the link in the email they sent you because they means you’re actually activating your ID

1 Like

Yes, agree with this. If you actually try plugging in your ID number to register for anything, you might be messing with your future.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Attention
Nothing should be registered rn. Just take a peek at the page and leave! We never know what is going to happen! Don’t jeopardize your future or potentially have your offer withdrawn!

1 Like

I agree, even though this is technically their fault for doing a bad job at building their application portals, don’t risk it. Y’all have already made it so far, let’s not mess up at the very last step. Hope to see y’all on campus in August!

2 Likes

This. This. AND This.

Back in my day (February), we just got taken aback by an email from Berkeley that we need to check our portals.

Keep it that way.

3 Likes

I know, right! Kids these days….

Sorry, you are not authorized to use this application. Oh well… It is what it is…

your account hasn’t been created yet

is this a rejection

yup, thats what the astrology says… I get the same message too…

1 Like

yes, most likely

But I think waitlists will be included in the unauthorized group bc there’s no reason to create an account for waitlisted applicants. So just look forward and don’t be sad for those who got unauthorized.

2 Likes

waitlist conversions are far and few.

2 Likes

does that mean forbiddens can check their ID?

1 Like

I got forbidden and I saw my ID, my friend who got unauthorized got “account not created”

1 Like