UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

Same

1 Like

how to see the ID if i got forbidden

bcsweb.is.berkeley.edu

thanks! mine starts with 3039, does that indicate anything?

Bro. Please ■■■■.

what’s happening

we’re not gonna have an ID astrology discussion

lol my bad

wait kind confused
 i clicked on the campus solutions link and I have my name and ID# on top right. However, I registered for berk summer sessions before and wasn’t able to see either “forbidden” or “not authorized” before.

Does this mean I got in?? Someone pls help

LOL the guy who initially figured this out deserves to get a full scholarship into their CS Cybersecurity program.

2 Likes

Does getting forbidden still a positive sign or should I be able to see the ID also? I can log into the new link and see my name but not the ID

You need to be on a desktop.

2 Likes

Decisions come out in like two days, just wait LMAO

3 Likes

Thanks for saying this! I have Forbidden and was seeing D23’s name (only) on my phone - but sure enough, I can see her ID #3038xx when I am on my laptop.

1 Like

What do y’all see here: https: (slash) (slash) auth.berkeley.edu/cas/login

I was able to see my 10 Digit Student ID starting with #303 but new link leads to, “Your account hasn’t been created yet. Please try again later.”

What does this roughly mean?

This is going to have to be reposted every few hours, I think.

3 Likes

This article is terrifying and as a parent I’m not super versed in computer science. Do any of these forbidden vs not authorized checks, or pressing the withdraw button on your portal count as malfeasance in the way that this article describes? Does a university ever consider the number of times the portal is logged into their portal and reject them if they logged in too many times?

1 Like

dont worry, Berkeley most likely wouldn’t care and it will face significant backslash if it pulls a Harvard

1 Like

poking around web pages while logged into your MAP@Berkeley account seems harmless. Trying to register a CalNet/CalCentral account with your newly discovered student ID BEFORE decisions come out is probably a really bad idea. Chances are if a few people do it, nothing happens. If hundreds of people do it, then yes, it will become a news story and some people will get in trouble.

4 Likes