UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

Nothing for LA as of now.

1 Like

on the admit events page, the regional new student events are now listed. You are not able to register for them yet, however.

Is that for Berkeley?

1 Like

Where do you see that?

It’s on this page: Events - Admitted Students

However, registration for the events is not open yet.

@Avtrite - Correct. After last year’s “astrological event” with opening up the registration 4-5 days before decisions came out, they may in fact hold off on adding a registration link until the 30th. We will see.

2 Likes

side note: one other area to check at some point is the Applications FAQs in your MAP@Berkeley portal. This was NOT the case last year, but back in 2020 and earlier, there was something significant with the FAQ link - right now when you click it, it brings you to a page that is titled Application FAQs. As it got close to decision release day, for some applicants, when they clicked the FAQ button, it brought them to a page called “New Student FAQs” or something like that.

Again, I don’t think this was the case last year, and may very well be something that was addressed, but just something to note, for all of you astrology-heads.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. We’ll be on the lookout.

1 Like

I’m thinking the FAQ scenario for Cal won’t really be in play this time around.

I know UCSD decisions are coming out imminently. They have a Triton Day 2023 for admitted students. On that site, it says “Sign up through your portal”, a feature which probably gets triggered in your portal once announcements are out. Seems like a smart way to do it. No early clues.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m guessing the Cal day events sign-up or the withdraw option will be our best bets this year.

3 Likes

They fixed the cal day sign up last year so pretty sure it won’t work this time

1 Like

if only that one person hadn’t emailed admissions :upside_down_face:

I actually believe Admissions Officers read and check out College Confidential A LOT!!!

The admitted student page seems to have added a couple of sections. (‘Families’ and 'Berkeley en Español). No other updates or hints. They may have it locked down this year, like UCSD (i.e. no registering except through your portal after decisions are announced.) Good for them.

it appears that events now have a registration link. we have not tried to register, but feel free to. it may not allow you to register OR it may let you

What? :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

What do you see when you try registering? I got ‘Our records indicate that you are not authorized to access this form. If you think you are receiving this message in error, please contact admissions admissions@berkeley.edu.’

1 Like

lol. I know.

It is possible that they havent’ uploaded any decisions yet. This is very likely. In which case EVERYONE will get the “not authorized” message. For Now.

1 Like

Doesn’t let me register