UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

Can you register @scrambro

cant register. Hoping its still too early. Last year the registration thing changed at around 4-5 days before decisions.

What message do you get when you try to register? Also, do you think the withdraw application thing will work?

Not brave enough to try the withdraw. Same message as you when try to registrer

Withdraw is not a one-click. I’ve done it many times to check. Do you think they have added decisions in yet because I’m getting scared about not being able to sign up for the events lol?

seriously doubt they have added admissions. its really far out right now

1 Like

Hello, I’m a transfer. Can anyone register for these events? I can’t register for the high school admitted yield events but I can register for the STEM transfer workshop.

https://apply.berkeley.edu/register/

Yeah. LA and SD portals changed the day of.

that event (stem Transfer) appears to be for students applying for 2024 and later

re:the new student events, my son who is a Cal freshman, can register for them using last years MAP@Berkekey login credentials. Odd

1 Like

That makes sense since it’s for admitted students. I doubt it’ll work for applicants now. Maybe 1-2 days before decision release; maybe not coz they fixed this glitch after someone emailed them about it

@NoName8668 sounds about right

By my experience from 2021 (the year my son was accepted), portal astrology showed up the morning of acceptance. Most likely because they had loaded the decisions in the morning to prep for the afternoon release. I doubt you will be able to see anything before that. Try not to drive yourselves crazy and just wait until the day of. Good luck.

1 Like

That probably means that the withdraw option won’t work either until they upload decisions.

Afaik the withdraw thing started working 24-48 hours before decision release

I think it will work again. It worked for me last year and I had read on this forum about it the year prior and they didn’t change it.

@NoName8668 last year i think it was a solid 4 days that the portal astrology popped up. Like Monday before the Thurs announcements.

1 Like

I see many people recieved the FPF email in Feb and in March. I know some who did not receive any FPF email even though they applied to L&S. Is this an indication?

What is FPF

It’s short for Fall Program for First Semester (FPF). A different pathway where a small set of students take classes in the Golden Bear Center outside Berkeley’s premises for the first semester.