UC Berkeley vs UCLA

Hey OP, I just graduated from UC Berkeley with a BA in Econ and Ethnic Studies. Let me first start out by saying, our Econ faculty is the best in the world (at a public university) and probably top 3 of any type of university. David and Christina Romer, Martha Olney, Emmanuel Saez, David Card, Brad DeLong, Emi Nakamura (just to name a few) are some of the most prominent names in the field and UCLA’s faculty does not compare. Moreover, David and Christina Romer and Martha Olney have all won several distinguished teaching awards and speaking from experience, they are incredible professors. Also, later in your time as an Econ major, you will have the opportunity to be a research assistant for one of our world-renowned faculty members. In terms of resources, I was an Econ tutor at the Student Learning Center for two years and the Student Learning Center provides free reputable tutoring for all students in subjects such as Economics, Math, Writing, Science, etc.

Do you have to apply to get into the Economics major after two years at both UCLA and Berkeley? If so, are you comfortable with the different grade requirements to get in? Also, what gpa is required to keep your Regents?