***** uc davis class of 2021 applicant thread *****

Has anyone received any admit mail from Davis? I only live an hour away and I still haven’t received anything yet

@hazeydays Nope, we haven’t received any snail mail acceptance letter from UC Davis.

did anyone get the decision day link?

@socalgal21 now that you mention it, we didn’t receive an e-mail. We received one about a local reception but not to register for Decision Day. No admissions packet in snail mail either.

We received an email with a link to Decision Day and with a note to expect an email invitation to it. The email specified that we must register for the event using the invitation link when it arrives. Note: we did just today receive an invitation email to our specific major outreach event which is on the same day but hopefully different time as the Decision Day events. That email said we should separately register for Decision Day events.

Ok! Thanks guys! I emailed admissions and they said the link to sign up will come in the next few days.

Will there be campus tour on decision day?

@dad3sons yes!

@socalgal21 and others - we got our Decision Day email invitation this evening. So we were able to register for the event. It says it starts at 8:00 and ends at 3:30.
BTW we have gmail and these types of emails get hidden by gmail Updates category so we click on Inbox / All Mail to reveal it

Are you guys going?

does anyone know how to sign the decision davis parent waiver?

@dad3sons D and I are booked!

@Gumbymom (manassrini234). Thank you for your wonderful help and guidance. gods work. Daughter applied only college of engineering. I know it must be hard here as well. I checked on last year stats, % people moving off from waiting list is less. direct admits in SJSU, NCSU , university of pittsburg. I am hearing positive about PITT but not sure.

hi i got waitlisted by davis and I was wondering if i can submit the “step 1 - fall grades” again? I submitted it few days ago and realized that I forgot to put the grade for 1 class lol…

Result: Admitted
Major in: Biomedical Engineering
GPA (uw, w): 3.75, 4.1
SAT/ACT Scores: 33 (ACT Only)
State (if domestic applicant): OOS (Illinois)
Extracurriculars: A decent amount of clubs with leadership in a few and an internship at UIC over the summer.
Essays: Decently strong?? Idk lol. I wrote my essays trying to be a little bit more out of the box over any other essays I wrote just because I really wanted to get into some of University of California campuses.

@adrizzy23 I was admitted for Biomedical Engineering too… How cool!

Can anyone please tell me whether there is a separate application for scholarships or if submissions of Undergraduate application means you are considered for merit based scholarships. Thanks!!

@kassyD:
Scholarship Application for Prospective and Entering Undergraduates
The UC Application for Admission and Scholarships serves as your application for campus-based scholarships at UC Davis. Freshmen applications must be completed by November 30 and transfer applications must be completed by January 10. A minimum 3.25 GPA is required for all applicants. Be sure to read all instructions pertaining to scholarships when completing the application, paying particular attention to the restricted scholarship eligibility codes.

Freshmen Applicants
If you will be an incoming freshman for fall 2017, no additional information is required unless specifically requested to do so.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

If you did not receive a notice of any scholarships posted in your financial aid package, then you did not receive any merit. You can apply for scholarships as a continuing student once you matriculate during next year’s scholarship application cycle.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Scholarship Application for Current and Continuing Undergraduates
The application period for 2017-2018 scholarships has closed. We will begin awarding in the summer of 2017. Our application for 2018-2019 scholarships will open in the fall of 2017. If you’ve missed the application period for 2017-2018 scholarships, check out our outside scholarships section for additional scholarship opportunities.

We also suggest joining our scholarship-opportunities listserv to receive regular updates about the campus-based scholarship program, outside scholarship opportunities, and prestigious undergraduate and graduate scholarships. To sign up, send an email to sympa@ucdavis.edu and indicate “subscribe scholarship-opportunities Firstname Lastname” in the subject line (be sure to type your actual name for Firstname and Lastname); leave the body of the email blank. As with any listserv, you can unsubscribe at any time.

All continuing UC Davis undergraduates should reapply for UC Davis Scholarships each year. The online Continuing Undergraduate Scholarship Application becomes available on October 1st every year, with a deadline in early January. To be eligible you must have a UC Davis cumulative 3.25 GPA and a letter of recommendation.

I was accepted! (I’m from CA)
Major: Animal Science
GPA 3.83 UW; 4.03 W
SAT 1130; ACT 21
Extra: 2 Internships (1 school, 1 vet clinic) A few clubs
Honestly, those stats don’t seem very high up there, but I truly think it was because of my PIQs. Any future applicants, please take your PIQs seriously if you feel like your grades and your test scores are not super competitive. Be persuasive in some topics and explain how your characteristics can play a role in a UC campus (The 8th question on the PIQ)

@Gumbymom … Thanks for your reply
So if I don’t see anything on my Scholarship page in the portal, does that mean I haven’t received any merit based scholarship? or are they still to announce recipients?

@KassyD: If you do not see any scholarships listed, assume you did not receive anything at this point. I know some scholarships do have late notifications but also realize UC’s offer little merit aid mainly Regents. UC’s do offer good need based aid to in-state students if eligible.
You can call the FA office and inquire if all merit has been posted.