***** uc davis class of 2021 applicant thread *****

At the local reception, the financial aid advisor said that most of the scholarships don’t post until June or July - long after your SIR is due.

@Gumbymom & @lkg4answers Your replies were very helpful… fingers crossed I get something, as I haven’t applied for financial aid.

@kassyD: Are you CA resident? Since you stated you are going to school outside the US on another thread. Why haven’t you applied for financial aid? For scholarships it is recommended to file the FASFA.

@Gumbymom Not Sure about residency but my parents have been living in California for the past 4-5 years… and I lived there from birth up until high school. I was not quite sure about the FAFSA process and my school didn’t give much insight into it. By the time I was fully aware of what FAFSA is the deadlines were long gone

@kassyD: You derive your residency from your parents, so you would be in-state for UCD. I would also assume since you did not file for FA, that you are not in need of financial aid but would like some scholarship money as an extra perk? UC’s mainly give need-based aid so if you need money from scholarships/merit aid to help make UCD affordable, I would not count on it especially if they do no post scholarships until June/July, well after the SIR date.

@Gumbymom Yup, it makes more sense to hand out more need-based aid rather than merit based. I guess I’ll apply for FAFSA second year onwards :slight_smile:

@desireetbh see you at davis! same major, NPB, gpa. 4.2 and accepted

I really love UC Davis, but sadly I was waitlisted! I really really hope I get off it and get accepted but I’m ready for any decision. Here are my stats:

Major: International Relations
UC GPA: 3.3
ACT: 20 (horrible, I know)
A lot of extracurriculars and first-generation student.
My PIQ’s were fairly good imo, my peers thought they were really great.

Does anyone know when they may release their waitlist decisions? Thanks :slight_smile:

Is there a way to fill out the housing application (so you have a better chance of getting the dorm you want) and then add in a roommate preference later (if you find someone in the facebook group)?

Did any Regina homies visit Davis on the 8th? This Regina went!

Is it just me or was davis a lot more selective this year? Since the stats aren’t out yet I don’t have any evidence to support this but thats what I’ve been thinking

Hi! Got accepted
Major: Computer Engineering
SAT: 1250

Have a great day!
Also, do you know where can I “socialize” with other accepted students? Considering that I don’t have any facebook account… Like a group on another website or something, thank you!

Randomkid98, I just saw your post.
Dd goes to a large, competitive high school in the bay area. Lots of kids applying for the top UC’s and getting in… And it has a reputation for strong academics. If you look at the statistics, an ACT of 35 is much rarer than 33, so that could very well be it. Her gpa was 4.14, as a reminder, and That was the weakest part of her application, due to not taking as many aps in 10-11th as similar students, by choice. Also, her essays were excellent and ECs were pretty good, and she went in depth over the span of several years. It’s hard to know how they make their Regents decisions, but they did say it’s holistic.

I was accepted but sadly I won’t be able to attend because of the cost. If I were to attend I would take out $7,200 worth of loans and who knows how much it will add up if I go all 4 years. Sucks cause this was my dream school and I can’t go.

@ndrhya
https://www.ucdavis.edu/admissions/freshman/otherpaths/

Looks like there were a lot of UC Davis applicants for fall 2017!

I have a question! If I get a 4 on the AP Government (U.S.) do I still not get any credits at UCD?? Not even electives?

@RetainerBaby:

This is from the UC Website:
Government and Politics United States: Effective with May 2015 exam, credit for Politicial Science 1 will no longer be awarded and American History and Institutions requirement will no longer be satisfied.
Comparative: Effective with May 2015 exam, credit for Political Science 2 will no longer be awarded.

From the UCD AP credit link:

United States Government and Politics with a 3,4 or 5, you get 4 units of credit which would be elective credit but has no UCD course equivalency.

http://catalog.ucdavis.edu/PDF/CollegeBoardAdvancedPlacement.pdf