UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

hoping for good news today :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Does anyone know if there’s going to be an email stating the results apart from the portal? Good luck everyone!:crossed_fingers::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Good luck, all!! :grinning::crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

The email will follow the portal update. Some have said the email comes within 30min and others have said hours.

3 Likes

Will we know for sure (in, waitlist, or rejected) when decisions are released, or do they string you along for weeks like SLO?

My understanding is that Davis comes out all on the same day. (I still can’t figure out why Cal Poly can’t make that happen?)

3 Likes

UCD posts all the decisions in one day. No they do not string out the decisions unless you are waitlisted since they will not admit from the waitlist until spots open up usually after the May 1 SIR deadline.

10 Likes

i have a 3.73 uw and a 4.09 capped weighted. I applied for CS(L&S), do i have a good chance of getting in?

1 Like

Though gpa is a bit low for cs, but it depends on your context of your hs and other factors

There is no way to chance any applicant just based on your GPA. 13 areas of application review criteria are used to determine whom admissions will admit and many times there are more qualified applicants than spots available especially true for competitive majors like CS.

Here is the 2021 admit rates. A competitive major such as CS will have a lower admit rate than the overall posted. All you can do is hope for the best and have several backup schools in case you do not get admitted.
2021 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted and not major specific:

UCB: 11%
UCLA: 6%
UCSD: 35%
UCSB: 28%
UCD: 55%
UCI: 31%
UCSC: 81%
UCR: 92%
UCM: 98%

UCD really looks for fit (based on their criteria which is not known).

1 Like

Your capped weighted of 4.09 is right around the 50 percentile of the admitted students.

2021 Capped Weighted UC GPA Middle 25-75 percentile for admitted students: 3.95-4.25

However, UCD considers 13 different factors in a holistic review. See the first post in this thread from Gumbymom for more details

1 Like

Thank you.

Look up your high school admit rates and average GPA for UCD at “Admissions by Source School” data released by the UCs. Here is the link: Admissions by source school | University of California
Good luck!

6 Likes

It shows applied, admitted, enrolled. Where does it show average gpa? Thanks

GPA of middle 25%-75% students

High School GPA 3.95 - 4.25 Capped weighted.

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/campuses-majors/davis/freshman-admit-data.html

2 Likes

There are multiple tabs. Choose FR GPA by high school. Our school has so few students there isn’t much data because it only populates if there are more than 5 in a category.

4 Likes

Our OOS HS gives us access to data on Naviance showing the stats of every student from the school (anonymous, of course) who applied to any college over the last few years and whether they were accepted, rejected, waitlisted, or enrolled.

I believe the acceptances are self reported on naviance. It’s definitely not accurate data for our school

4 Likes

At our school the data is inputted by guidance counselors who ask for proof of the decision. Not sure how strictly they follow that.

1 Like

will the decisions likely come out around 2:30 today?

1 Like