UC Davis Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

I was also wondering if there’s a way to change my major while on the waitlist. Would I have to send an email to admissions?

You can try but in most cases you cannot change your major until admitted and enrolled.

@DavolaDevito
one of my friends got off for cell biology i think (sorry replied to the wrong comment)

1 Like

I just wanted to let you know that UCD DID accept my son’s LOCI and was admitted off the list. They also have a place for updates you can submit on the waitlist portal, where he was able to indicate the math award he won last week. The letter was sent by his school and was not rejected. It may be worth it to check in with your HS administrator or counselor.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information. Since this is the first year they did not ask for a waitlist essay, I went by what they had posted on their website.

2 Likes

does this mean I should submit a LOCI if I’m trying to get off the waitlist?

1 Like

According to @ JeninTO the school submitted the LOCI which might hold more weight since it is coming directly from the GC and not the applicant?

You can always try but there was a reason that that both UCD and UCB discontinued the waitlist essay/statement for the waitlisted students this year. The UC’s are overwhelmed with UC applications and probably do not have the personnel to read through all the LOCI’s. I personally think the LOCI did not make a difference in the above students admission since none of the UC’s consider an applicants level of interest in the application review. It had more to do with that particular student filled one of UC Davis’s institutional needs.

2 Likes

I wrote a LOCI and pasted it into the “additional info” section and got in. Not sure if it was actually used for my admissions decision though

3 Likes

Did anyone else submit a LOCI and get off the waitlist at UCD?

Where does one submit the LOCI?

UCD states on their FAQ not to submit additional documents. Even though other waitlisted students submitted an LOCI, does not mean they were looked at or the reason for their acceptance.

I would contact admissions before submitting anything.

From their FAQ:

• How do I accept the waitlist offer?
  • To accept our offer of a spot on the waitlist, students can login to MyAdmissions to opt-in to the waitlist. No letters of recommendation, transcripts or other documents are needed.

Please mention the major.
Thanks

1 Like

Did anyone got off waitlist this week?

there might be a wave today?

Was there a wave today?
Also any updates on CS waitlist?
haven’t seen any post that mentioned getting off the waitlist for CS .

In 2022 the second waitlist admit wave was 10 days after the first. This year the first waitlist wave was May8… so maybe the second is May18??

1 Like

May 9th was the second wave this year. My daughter was in the second wave.

I got off the waitlist in April so I think that the early May wave was the second one

2 Likes

What majors please?

Cinema and Digital Media.