UC Davis Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

No news for my kid today. She applied L&S cognitive science.

1 Like

do you know when?

1 Like

A financial aid letter arrived at 2:05pm inviting her to look at her financial aid offer which she thought was strange, and then a congratulations email arrived at 3:32pm. She checked her portal when she got home and sure enough, the congratulations screen and ticker tape graphic popped up!

3 Likes

Physics for us

3 Likes

Got off for Pharmaceutical Chemistry

4 Likes

My son was accepted for the Cinema and Digital Media major! It means a lot to me because I grew up in Davis and his older brother is a 1st year there. He will need to decide between UC Berkeley, UCSD and UC Davis in the next few days.

1 Like

Any accepts in Computer Science?

has anyone gotten off the waitlist for biochemistry and molecular biology?

1 Like

has anyone gotten accepted in medical microbiology?

This is going to be a long wait. I see a lot of folks who have accepted multiple offers and are still deciding. This is not helping free up positions for waitlisted students.

Blockquote

I specifically instructed my son to go back in and decline LMU and Pepperdine as those spots are some one else’s dream. I hope they open up quickly for the next deserving student.

2 Likes

I went back and checked for anyone wondering - my daughter’s acceptance letter is dated March 10th 2023. I guess they date all waitlisted student’s letters with the same date and then adjust the SIR date within the body of the letter. She has until Tuesday May 16th to SIR. She is already committed to UCSC and as I mentioned above, still wants to go because they have better game design options. She will decline her offer. Perhaps there will be another wave after that date?

3 Likes

Daughter accepted for Global Disease Biology - so happy!!!

9 Likes

Any acceptances in mechanical engineering?

Thanks

Same as last year, the acceptance letter is always dated on when Davis first released the decision. The date when all applicants are notified - accept/waitlist/reject.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten off the WL for animal science major? Also, has anyone sent a continued letter of interest?

UCD does not accept LOCI’s. They discontinued their waitlist essay this year.

No one has posted on CC that they were admitted off the waitlist for Animal Science.

anyone off for any sort of biology?

1 Like

One admit for Global Disease Biology.

2 Likes