UC Davis v. UC San Diego - Help!

It’s been a while since I’ve been on this site, but I got my college admission decisions in, and for the UCs I have gotten into the two UCs I was most interested in: Davis and San Diego!

I applied for the Linguistics major in Davis and Linguistics with an emphasis in the Speech and Hearing Sciences in San Diego. My longterm goal is to attend graduate school to study Speech Language Pathology.

I was wondering which of the two colleges should I go to? Academically, which one would offer me the best education for the major I’m pursuing? As for the environment, I’m not exactly sure what I’m looking for, but definitely one that isn’t too loud/rowdy. I don’t mind parties, but I would rather avoid them. I wouldn’t mind an academically competitive environment, as long as it isn’t stifling or distastefully pervasive throughout the university’s environment. Also, I would love to join clubs and organizations when I go to college!

Between being an introvert and extrovert it depends, but I would say I lean towards more of the latter! I really want to make friends in college and to really put myself out there and grow.

If it helps, I am asian, I am male, and my sexual orientation is gay (so it would be help if the campus was also LGBT friendly :slight_smile: )

Have you visited both campuses? Both are very different and it is really up to each individual to determine their preferences. Both will give you an excellent education and it is up to you to decide which campus will fit you academically/socially and financially.

Visiting is really the only way to know if it is a good “fit’. Once you step on campus, I am sure you will figure out your preference.