UC Davis vs UC Santa Barbara Anthropology Major TAG

In Fall 2017 I’m going to be applying for TAG and keep on going back and forth between UCD and UCSB. I’m not too familiar with their Anthropology programs so if somebody could give me some insight that would be great. I’m also looking for somewhere that’s very transfer friendly. I’m not into Greek Life but I’ll definitely be getting involved in clubs. I just don’t want to struggle with finding people to go out with on the weekends as a transfer student.

@jussbeachy Well, if your name has anything to do with your interests, then UCSB might be best since it is by the beach. However, Davis has a reputation for being a really friendly and welcoming environment, so as a transfer it might be a good choice. Have you visited both schools?

@jussbeachy Hi! I think both schools have one of the nicest and welcoming student bodies, so my guess is that you’d be happy and make friends in both places. I transferred to UCSB after spending my freshman year at USC, and I found it to be a very easy transition. UCSB has dorms dedicated specifically for transfer students, and many events, clubs, etc for meeting people. UCD may have transfer dorms also…not sure. I’m not familiar with the anthro program at either school, so I can’t comment there. Good luck with your transfer!