UC Davis Waitlist 2025

Check the top of this discussion for waitlist information. Nothing for 2020 and 2018. You can look up any schools waitlist information in the common dataset section C2 if they post it.

Son waitlisted for Computer Science. Very surprised. His UC GPA is 4.54 uncapped, 4.30 capped which was well above the acceptance threshold in Naviance.

When is the deadline for the waitlist essay? I only have the most minimal information from my son.

delete

1 Like

FAQ for the Waitlist says April 15 so hopefully this is for 2021 applicants.

1 Like

Waitlisted for cs as well, 3.5 weighted gpa. It looks like thereā€™s a lot of cs majors waitlisted. Does turning in the essay earlier give us a better chance of getting off the waitlist?

Son got waitlisted for Biology. GPA 3.9. Hoping for the best

No, turning in the essay earlier does not give a better place on the waitlist. They will not look at the essays until after the deadline.

2 Likes

declined spot on waitlist, gl to rest of yall

3 Likes

For my predicted grades, if I get grades lower than I predicted, will they rescind my acceptance if I get off the waitlist and have lower second semester grades?

No, they will not rescind unless your actual grades end up to be Dā€™s and Fā€™s. Just do your best when predicting the grades.

2 Likes

I have compiled some historical data on the UC Davis waitlist in years past.

(Also, if interested, here is the waitlist data I compiled for:
UC Santa Cruz: **uc santa cruz class of 2025 discussion** - #574 by 20172021
UC Santa Barbara: UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 ā€” Regular Decision - #498 by 20172021)

The wait list data for UC Davis from the common data sets (CDS) was found on this page: Common Data Set (2018-2019); and also on Wikipedia: University of California, Davis - Wikipedia (see Reference notes #79-84 for years 2012-2013 through 2017-2018). I was unable to find one page with all the Common Data Sets for UC Davis on one page at the UC Davis website. The data comes from question C2 of the CDS.

Data is listed in this order:
Common Data Set year (CDS 20XX-XX)
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on the waiting list (Off)
Number accepting a place on the waiting list (Acc)
Number of wait-listed students admitted (Adm)
Calculated % of students admitted off waiting list (% Adm)

CDS 2019-20
Off: 10,639
Acc: 3,458
Adm: 1,953
% Adm: 56%

CDS 2018-19
Off: 9,213
Acc: 3,207
Adm: 24
% Adm: 0.7%

CDS 2017-18
Off: 8,263
Acc: 2,922
Adm: 435
% Adm: 15%

CDS 2016-17
Off: 9,381
Acc: 3,112
Adm: 2,571
% Adm: 83% (Highest admit rate off the wait list.)

CDS 2015-16
Off: 9,033
Acc: 2,733
Adm: 2,030
% Adm: 74%

CDS 2014-15
Off: 6,352
Acc: 2,177
Adm: 12
% Adm: 0.6%

CDS 2013-2014
Off: 6,604
Acc: 2,087
Adm: 1,071
% Adm: 51%

CDS 2012-2013
Off: 6,911
Acc: 2,655
Adm: 12
% Adm: 0.5% (Lowest admit rate off wait list.)

6 Likes

Thank you for doing this.

if it means anything, I got off back in 2019 (I also had super below avg stats at the time. 3.8 W / 3.6 UW and a 1210 SAT ( I also didnā€™t have any special circumstances) What I did was talk about how all my experiences have led me towards why I picked my major, how I had a strong sense of direction compared to everyone else (itā€™s okay to brag in my opinion!), and found something unique to Davisā€™ culture that I would take advantage of in a unique way. In my case, I talked about how much I resonated with UC Davisā€™ ā€œGlobal Education for Allā€ initiative, which aims to have all students take advantage of global learning opportunities

1 Like

No problem. I had the time, and it saves other people the time and trouble of looking it up.

1 Like

Exactly what I think UCD is looking for in the essay. What you can contriubute to UCD and the community while utilizing UCDā€™s specific programs.

2 Likes

So, basically, we have no idea what it will be like this year, and not just because of the crazy year it seems to be, but because itā€™s always pretty different.

Thereā€™s no way to see data by major, is there?

My son was also waitlisted for CS. Weā€™re bummed. This was a top choice for him. (Heā€™s in to CS at UCSC, and in UCI, but not to CS.) Heā€™ll be opting in the to the waitlist. Itā€™s Spring Break for him, so he has time to write an essay, and Iā€™m sure he canā€™t wait to do that. :smiley:

About him: GPA: unweighted 4.0; weighted uncapped 5.0; canā€™t figure out weighted capped, but somewhere around 4.4. Unconventional student, homeschooled, without all A-Gā€™s from approved courses.

Got waitlisted for International Relations. Anyone know if this is a competitive waitlist spot? Seems to me like most people here and some I know personally got waitlisted for CS. GL everyone

The waitlist is not ranked and no disclosure on how students are admitted off the waitlist.