UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

International students only?

how do you know its chinese students? international?

So, is it just 9 students that got off waitlist for UCSB yesterday?

Based on some of the social media sites, there was around nine posts from UCSB waitlisted students that were admitted. Again, not everyone posts so just listing the information I could find.

1 Like

My daughter’s friend got off the UCSB waitlist yesterday evening and they aren’t on any of the social media sites

2 Likes

I meant UCSB 
oops

Edited the original post to UCSB.

Thank you!..I tried and it wouldn’t let me.

My daughter was accepted to UCI off the waitlist for education major yesterday afternoon!

9 Likes

For people that just got off the UCI waitlist, does anyone know about guaranteed housing? The deadline for guaranteed housing was literally yesterday
from what I am finding, they don’t make exceptions for waitlist admits
so they put you on a waiting list

This was posted in this discussion thread

FYI: Spoke with UCI housing rep. Was told that if student gets admitted off waitlist prior to May 1st, they are guaranteed housing like all other admits. If not (which is likely the case with most waitlisted students), housing is not guaranteed and is on first come basis if spots are available. UCI does not require for students to live on campus and therefore does not guarantee housing. He said there are off campus options for late admits and that students will have access to that list once admitted.

Has anyone been admitted to irvine for nursing from the waitlist yet?

Congrats! What deadline did they give y’all to commit?

really hoping my daughter gets off the wait list she is a business major.

Has anyone heard back from the waitlist for Biological Sciences?

i am wondering this aswell

any update on your waitlist status? we got the same majors

Anyone get off the waitlist for Psychological Science or Political Science?

Did anyone get off the waitlist for majors in college of engineering? Also how many waitlist admit waves were there so far for 2023?

1 Like

No large waves but some admits on April 19th and May 2nd.