UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

was yday a big wave? do u know how many people got off by any chance

I have not done a search of the social media sites but it seems only a few admits and mainly International noted in one of the posts above. Again, not everyone admitted posts their information.

3 Likes

A couple of my friends got off for political science on April 19

Political Science is my daughter’s alternate major,:cry:

1 Like

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist today?

1 Like

Nothing yet, but let’s be strong! We got this!

1 Like

Yes!!!

2 Likes

Hopefully soon!!!

4 Likes

We got notice on Tues evening (May 2) that our D was accepted off the waitlist for Drama major. UC Irvine here we come.

4 Likes

Congratulation! That is part of UCI 2nd wave and hopefully more coming next week. Did you asking the housing option there? Per above, UCI is not grantee the housing for people out from WL…

1 Like

Just got my decision back for my freshmen appeal, I was Offered admission for fall 2023 into Biological Sciences B.S.!

7 Likes

Congratulations. If not being too invasive, what was the basis for your appeal for future applicants. Best of luck at UCI.

3 Likes

I hope UC Irvine releases more waitlists throughout next week!!! :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Congratulations! was there new information that you put in as part of appeal?

1 Like

Hopefully! It’s been a tough week dealing with the waiting!

4 Likes

Yes! Let’s be strong! We got this!!! :grin:

4 Likes

Yes seriously, especially with the other UC’s already releasing a lot of waitlist acceptances

3 Likes

She was able to apply for housing

2 Likes

I have a 4.38 Cumulative GPA, and I’m pretty sure I wrote the most unorthodox Letter of Appeal they’ve seen. There was one missing AP class and a mismarked NH classes that was an Honors. But, mainly I was able to talk about several extenuating circumstances not included on the initial application, and go into further detail about some that were included. Going though a school shooting, late ADHD diagnosis in 11th grade, and how I’ve had to actively persue out of ordinary ways to learn and to live my life differently, and how UCI wants students who “do things different” from the ordinary.

5 Likes

I have a question regarding financial aid, I’m so sorry about off topic. If i accepted the offered aid, do i have to fill-out the promissory note? Also, if i previously accepted it, can i still decline it and just get a personal loan?