UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

U gotta filter it thru the school category

1 Like

That is only by school, can you check by major?

1 Like

On report type you select majors.

1 Like

Thanks! Do you have the same thing for UCSD?

Congrats!

2 Likes

Nothing yet, been checking the portal and this chat. I hope we both get off the waitlist soon :pray:t2:

1 Like

anyone hear back for pharmaceutical sciences?

Does this mean they have a lot of room for sociology majors

No I haven’t heard of anyone off policy yet. It’s my first major choice. You got this, Good luck to you!!

2 Likes

No, UCSD is not transparent like UCI.

I cannot tell you since I do not work in admissions. Only admissions has the information.

Does anyone know if Davis or Irvine is better for bio? My DD is considering med school. And she’s interested in doing research during undergrad. Her major at Davis is Molecular & Microbiology and at Irvine bio sci.

I know that UCD has an excellent Pre-Health Professional advising office and offers many research opportunities. Just realize that Research is not needed for Medical school applications but hands on patient contact/clinical experience is required especially with disadvantaged patient populations. You might want to PM @lkg4answers or @aunt_bea about more specifics regarding the advising and clinical opportunities.

I cannot comment on UCI’s Health Professional advising or ease of Research opportunities.

She will need to reach out to her Professor’s for these opportunities at either campus.

3 Likes

Thank you!! I appreciate all you do for CC!

2 Likes

Nope

1 Like

Thank you for the info! We hope to hear back from UCI soon!! :crossed_fingers::pray::pray:

1 Like

Is there any data on political science or Econ? Thank you :pray:t4:

Here is the link. Under Report type, you can filter by major. The most recent information is from 2022.

https://datahub.oapir.uci.edu/Data-Hub/Undergraduate-Admissions-Dashboard.php

@pnorit I’m happy to share my perspective on Davis for pre-health advising and research. Please ask the question in the Davis forum. My child who attended Irvine was not pre-health.

1 Like

Is UCD 's Bio better than UCI bio?
For Bio major, should I choose UCD or UCI?
Thank you!