UC Irvine Waitlist Discussion Class of 2025

Thank u~ Where did u hear from?

LOL so Gavin Newsom is the Admissions officer at all the UCā€™s an Cal Stateā€™s?

1 Like

Well, itā€™s more so of a guess based off recent rumorsā€¦

Most people suspect the waitlists are delayed because of Covid, housing, and unknown policies regarding the state of California. California reopens fully on June 15th, so Iā€™m confident that weā€™ll get something around thenā€¦

1 Like

Is anyone elseā€™s UCI applicant portal is down/ not working? I have tried on various devices and itā€™s not working anywhere. I only noticed this tonightā€¦ either it is a glitch or theyā€™re preparing portals.

Same here. Doesnt work

yes me too - i came here to askā€¦I hope it does not mean rejection???

This is what I found online with the portal down. Not sure what they mean by ā€œdegradationā€ but my guess is that this was not intentional?

^ this also happened on the 7th apparently with another portal on their website.

Same here. Only changed/happened a couple days ago, because Iā€™m pretty sure it was working fine earlier this week. Now it not only looks different, but I canā€™t login or get a stale request.

well, California has officially been re opened, *no capacity limits

1 Like

This is killing me I really want to know if I am going to be able to go to my dream school since freshman year or go to my second choice and go into a lot of debt :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I spoke with someone in admissions today. They said they were slowly rolling out wait list decisions over the last two months. They anticipate all wait list decisions to be made by the last week in June. Wait listed students that are admitted will have their own deadline for transcripts and thereā€™s a chance they may be wait listed for housing. That part is a little unpredictable.

1 Like

I just called an admissions officer and they told me that there is no specific date for when waitlists will be sent out. They said its based on availability so they have no way of knowing when itā€™ll be out. As for things having been rolling out slowly, they havenā€™t heard of that and plus I havenā€™t seen a single person say anything about getting in. Appeals did recently roll out though! But just because no one here has said anything, doesnā€™t mean it hasnā€™t happened.

I guess we just have to wait even more and be even more uncertain

1 Like

They said its based on ā€œavailabilityā€ so they have no way of knowing when itā€™ll be out.
ā€”>That means the freshmen enrollment is full ?

1 Like

I honestly, have no clue! They were extremely vague and just kept to the information available online.

This could mean enrollment is full, but I highly doubt it since lots of people were getting those financial aid verification tasks a few weeks ago and housing updates on their waitlist portals tooā€¦

This could also mean that housing isnā€™t available(?). I guess we will find out in just a few more weeks

Just a reminder it is advised we submit our AP exam scores to the college we committed to by June 20th.

Hi everyone - my son is waitlisted at UCI for comp sci - has anyone heard anything? I donā€™t understand whatā€™s taking so long. Seems so unfair to keep the waitlisted kids on ā€œholdā€ for so long - makes it hard for them to get excited about the school they chose (for now for him Cal Poly SLO). Also, do you send in transcripts/AP scores while on waitlist? Son said no, but double checking with you all. Thank you for any insight!

@betterbeworthit - My son is also WL for CS major. Havenā€™t heard anything, and I am in this forum since May 1. I know some more folks who are WL for CS - no movement at all. We have not sent the final transcript or AP scores to any WL school (mostly UCs and GaTech). I think their portal doesnā€™t have any provision for this, and somewhere they explicitly indicate not to provide any further details.
On a separate note, I know at least 3 international folks who dropped UCI CS (since CA is expensive and ranking is not that high), and 6 who dropped UCD CS. So if nothing moves, it will only imply over-enrollment.

@kolhelp thank youā€¦ I just donā€™t understand whatā€™s taking so long. Where did your son commit to for now? weā€™ve had such disappointment, really thought my son would have had more options - 4.3 GPA, 10 APs, 35 ACT, varsity sports team captain, volunteer work, summer jobs, speaks a second language, and so onā€¦ waitlisted at UCI and UCSB, rejected from UCD, UCLA, UCBā€¦

1 Like

UC Davis just released a ton of rejections from their waitlist (it looks like almost everyone was rejected)