UC Irvine Waitlist Discussion Class of 2025

@betterbeworthit Committed OOS at UMD College Park. WL at UCLA, UCI, UCSB, CalPoly, GaTech. We did let go UCD and UCSC, and undeclared at UCSD.
However, now getting completely immersed in the committed school. Got the course registrations done, and son is very happy that he got whatever he wanted (though UCs would have given more AP subject credits, but I am happy that he needs to repeat some geneds for better education - we all know how the online studies and exams happened in the covid year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

UCI will be no different. A big wave of rejections is coming soon!!! :skull_and_crossbones:

There’s always hope and a chance!

I find it odd that UCI has some waitlisted people needing to verify financial aid stuff online, and that housing portal glitch too… makes me think even more positively they’ll take some off the waitlist, but again we just have to wait

what if I did not receive the message to verify the information.Does it means that I have been rejected?

No it doesnt mean that 100%, last year lots of people who didnt get that also got in.

Again, we just have to wait

If UCI repeats what UCD did for the waitlisted students. They will have a lot of backfires.

What do you mean by backfire?

im so confused because if we were to get in this late, how would we even get housing? orientation? placement tests? the school im committed to right now has already had us submit our housing app, im working on orientation and im working on my upcoming placement test

Long time left till September.
Those administrative tasks are least concern at this time.

Hello everyone, please let us know if you get any updates from UCI. It is the end of June, I haven’t received any updates from UCI. This is very frustrating.

1 Like

Is anyone unable to log into the portal right now? It’s telling me that the login required reauthentication.

same for me.

yup

its back on

1 Like

Ok, anxious here as well so my husband called admissions this time. This is what we were told and I appreciate that we can all call and get someone else on the phone and probably hear something different (as was last pointed out to me), so be gentle!

He was told-
They are a month behind where they were last year in processing the wait list. They’ve experienced technical problems on their end that has slowed things up. If we haven’t gotten a denial/rejection/whatever it’s called, then that’s still good news. Worst case scenario they will be done in late July. Of course we were told 7/1 last time we called. This gentleman was a little more optimistic but it’s still a wait and see game right now and that’s tough for all of us!

FINGERS CROSSED!

2 Likes

@Another_instamom I had heard the same thing about getting a notification on yes or no by the end of June about two weeks ago from someone who spoke with UCI admissions. It sounds as though it is taking longer to process the waitlist. Best wishes to your student and to all who are hoping for an acceptance to UCI.

1 Like

I hope we get off today!!

2 Likes

I don’t think that anyone has received a rejection from the waitlist.

Does anyone know how many people got off so far?

When we spoke to them yesterday, admissions did say that they’ve been sending out rejections already.