UC Merced Extended Deadline

I didn’t see this anywhere on the forum yet, so I thought I’d add it.

UC Merced has extended their admission deadline to December 15th, following the CSU decision to do the same.

Not sure if this reflects a lack of admission applications for UC Merced, but that seems like a strong possibility. Merced is set to open more dorms this coming fall as part of their 20/20 program, so it seems reasonable to expect a desire to have a larger incoming class this year at Merced than ever before.

Nonetheless, it opens the door for some who missed the UC application deadline.

Great information to know. I’ll pass the extended application deadline information to some I know who are on the fence.

They probably have plenty of applications as UC Merced moved up 29 spots (to # 135 nationally) on 2019 US News ranks. The 5th largest jump of all colleges in the nation. Could possibly be fire related as well…Camp Fire worst ever this year!

@Fisherman99 Maybe. But they were the only UC to extend their deadline. Food for thought, nonetheless.

All the UC’s offered the deadline extension but the applicant had to request the extension.

The deadline to apply for the fall 2019 term is Nov. 30. Prospective students who want to apply but are being impacted by fires in northern or southern California can request to push the deadline to Dec. 15.
To request the extension, students must create an application account on the university’s website, then send an email to ucinfo@applyucsupport.net with the subject line “Extension Request – Weather/Fire Event.” The email should include the applicant’s name and the reason for the request.
Students should receive an email confirmation within a week, and the application fee waiver will be automatically applied to the student’s account, covering the application cost for up to four UC campuses.